If they'd let Tendulkar get 6 more runs before declaring...

He would have passed Steve Waugh and gone into 3rd place in the most runs scored in Tests list... As it stands now, he is 1031 runs away from being the all time highest run-scorer in Tests... I have no doubt that he will pass Alan Border in 2nd place, however, I think that Ponting and Dravid will finish their careers with more Test runs than Sachin, however many he finishes up with...

Must be taking the cue from India's current coach who was known for notoriously slow batting :hahaha:
You bet. I remember Ravi Shastri taking 55 balls to go from 99 to 100. Nobody applauded his century. Easily , the most selfish batsmen India has ever produced , in my opinion.
You bet. I remember Ravi Shastri taking 55 balls to go from 99 to 100. Nobody applauded his century. Easily ' date=' the most selfish batsmen India has ever produced , in my opinion.[/quote'] really? was he trying to the save the test or what? otherwise 55 balls for 1 run sounds absurd.
really? was he trying to the save the test or what? otherwise 55 balls for 1 run sounds absurd.
No , He wasn't trying to save the match or anything. I think it was in the first innings of Calcutta test against England in 1984/85 .He just slowed down when he was on 99 and took around 55 balls to get his century.