Manchester United Officially Number 1 Club - UEFA Rankings

Andy

Winning the Champions League does not necessarily mean that its the best team in the World. If we see the last 5 years then ManUtd are the most consistent team in the World BUT currently Barca are the best in the world. If we go by these rankings Bayern Munich and Liverpool are the 4th and 5th best clubs in the world - now tell me, are they really the 4th and 5th best CURRENTLY?? They're not. By last 5 yrs performance, they are the 4th and 5th most consistent but that does not translate to being among the top 5 CURRENTLY. I also am a ManUtd fan but if its not the best right now and Barca is ahead then I've got no problems in admitting it.
I dont disagree even I think Barca are better than us, But i want to know why is it for You.

Only if Barca win CL this year then they can confirm they are truly the best test team in Europe . If they again fail to win this season again then everyone will question their claim as one of the finest club sides in history . So there will be lot of pressure on them particularly during El Classico semis

The answer lies in United's midfield. If we buy 1-2 quality midfielders in the summer then United will be the best side in the world next season IMO.
Are there any world class midfielders available on the transfer market ? United should have gone for Snieder as part of Ronaldo deal before he went to Inter. Also United need far more than a couple of midfielders to genuinely compete with the likes of Real and Barca .

The answer lies in United's midfield. If we buy 1-2 quality midfielders in the summer then United will be the best side in the world next season IMO.
So you are going by the Strength of Teams on Paper? Then Real and Chelsea are Better than us too.

Are there any world class midfielders available on the transfer market ? United should have gone for Snieder before he went to Inter as part of Ronaldo deal. Also United need far more than a couple of midfielders to genuinely compete with the likes of Real and Barca .
With Ronaldo, we managed to sneak Past Barca in 2008.

With Ronaldo' date=' we managed to sneak Past Barca in 2008.[/quote'] come on u cant compare that Barca side with this one. That was a completely disfunctional side under Riijgkard . Ronaldinho Henry Zambrotta Marques and Deco were on their last legs and players were not getting on with the coach . They even finished behind Villareal in the league . This Barca side is far far superior to that one in 2008 . Only Xavi Valdes and Puyol have survived from that side . Evem xavi has gone a couple of notches since Iniesta came into the side

come on u cant compare that Barca side with this one. That was a completely disfunctional side under Riijgkard . Ronaldinho Henry Zambrotta Marques and Deco were on their last legs and players were not getting on with the coach . They even finished behind Villareal in the league . This Barca side is far far superior to that one in 2008 . Only Xavi Valdes and Puyol have survived from that side . Evem xavi has gone a couple of notches since Iniesta came into the side
Of course it is, In terms of performance. It had Messi, Iniesta, Xavi too. And they won the CL too in 2006. Plus they had Etto[Pardon me for spelling] too. P.S : I am talking about the squad.

Of course it is, In terms of performance. It had Messi, Iniesta, Xavi too. And they won the CL too in 2006. P.S : I am talking about the squad.
iniesta was a squad player then and Messi was just establishing . Messi truely shown his ability only after Ronaldinho left . As i said Xavi has gone a couple of notches in performances since being paired with Iniesta . Barca won CL in 2006 based on Rolandinho performances . But since the 2006 wc he has completely wasted his talents due to attitude as everyone knows . Even their squad depth is far superior to that in 2006 just look at the difference in performance in league This is the best Barca squad / team in their entire history according to Xavi .

Are there any world class midfielders available on the transfer market ? United should have gone for Snieder as part of Ronaldo deal before he went to Inter. Also United need far more than a couple of midfielders to genuinely compete with the likes of Real and Barca .
There may not be World class midfielders on the tranfer market but certainly there will be some guys with great potential - I'd be happy with a couple of those. We bought Hernandez and Smalling - both were not world class but have proved to be quite good.
So you are going by the Strength of Teams on Paper? Then Real and Chelsea are Better than us too.
No I'm not. We've all seen how United's midfield has repeatedly struggled this season. Tell me whether Fletcher, O'Shea, Carrick, Gibson 37 year old Giggs/Scholes is a good midfield?? With this midfield there are too many ifs and buts - Carrick is no longer the player he was a few years ago, Giigs and Scholes are too old to start matches regularly, as for Fletcher and O'Shea and Gibson - the less said the better.

iniesta was a squad player then and Messi was just establishing . Messi truely shown his ability only after Ronaldinho left . As i said Xavi has gone a couple of notches in performances since being paired with Iniesta . Barca won CL in 2006 based on Rolandinho performances . But since the 2006 wc he has completely wasted his talents due to attitude as everyone knows . Even their squad depth is far superior to that in 2006 just look at the difference in performance in league This is the best Barca squad / team in their entire history according to Xavi .
Agreed. Barca are Favourites for the Title again, But its the performance that Counts. I would personally Favour Real over Barca in case we mange to reach the Finals, because it would be Man United vs Mourinho and 11 Players who are not good as Barca and are quite inconsistent too. It would be too much for us to Face Barca, But you never write United Off. :winky:

There may not be World class midfielders on the tranfer market but certainly there will be some guys with great potential - I'd be happy with a couple of those. We bought Hernandez and Smalling - both were not world class but have proved to be quite good. No I'm not. We've all seen how United's midfield has repeatedly struggled this season. Tell me whether Fletcher, O'Shea, Carrick, Gibson 37 year old Giggs/Scholes is a good midfield?? With this midfield there are too many ifs and buts - Carrick is no longer the player he was a few years ago, Giigs and Scholes are too old to start matches regularly, as for Fletcher and O'Shea and Gibson - the less said the better.
True That.

Agreed. Barca are Favourites for the Title again' date=' But its the performance that Counts. I would personally Favour Real over Barca in case we mange to reach the Finals, because it would be Man United vs Mourinho and 11 Players who are not good as Barca and are quite inconsistent too. It would be too much for us to Face Barca, [b']But you never write United Off. :winky:
This.

Agreed. Barca are Favourites for the Title again' date=' But its the performance that Counts. I would personally Favour Real over Barca in case we mange to reach the Finals, because it would be Man United vs Mourinho and 11 Players who are not good as Barca and are quite inconsistent too. It would be too much for us to Face Barca, But you never write United Off. :winky:[/quote'] Real are inconsistent ? where are u basing this statement on ? Real have been exceptional this season its just that Barca are even better this season. I do agree u cant write off United for that matter any team but its just that i cant see UNITED COPING WITH THE MIDFIELD of Barce or Real . They will have field day over the likes of Fletcher Carrick or Scholes as they did in 2008.

Real are inconsistent ? where are u basing this statement on ? Real have been exceptional this season its just that Barca are even better this season.
Well In La Liga its basically between Barca vs Real and mostly you are expected to beat the Lower level Sides. Real have not done as well as Barca, thats why they are inconsistent.
I do agree u cant write off United for that matter any team but its just that i cant see UNITED COPING WITH THE MIDFIELD of Barce or Real . They will have field day over the likes of Fletcher Carrick or Scholes as they did in 2008.
It was in 2009 :giggle:

Well In La Liga its basically between Barca vs Real and mostly you are expected to beat the Lower level Sides. Real have not done as well as Barca, thats why they are inconsistent.
Well its also basically between United and Chelsea in EPL and they are expected to beat the lower level sides . Considering United have struggled to achieve that consistently when compared with Real would u say United are below average this season? Real have won 24 of their 31 matches and just lost 3 .If this is inconsistency how would u term United's season RUBBISH ?

Well its also basically between United and Chelsea in EPL and they are expected to beat the lower level sides . Considering United have struggled to achieve that consistently when compared with Real would u say United are below average this season?
No its Not, If you notice the Points table You'll notice the gap between Real, Barca and other Sides. Compare that with BPL. BPL is more competitive.
Real have won 24 of their 31 matches and just lost 3 .If this is inconsistency how would u term United's season RUBBISH ?
Compare that with Barca, they have beaten almost all the sides. And dont Compare Competitiveness of La Liga and BPL. BPL is much more competitive. And not just that, from La Liga it was only Barca that used to make the quarters and more importantly the semis in last few Years. Where as from BPL You used to have atleast 2, many times it was 3 [Talking about the semis]. That speaks how good the depth of BPL sides at the highest Level.

Compare that with Barca, they have beaten almost all the sides. And dont Compare Competitiveness of La Liga and BPL. BPL is much more competitive. And not just that, from La Liga it was only Barca that used to make the quarters and more importantly the semis in last few Years. Where as from BPL You used to have atleast 2, many times it was 3 [Talking about the semis]. That speaks how good the depth of BPL sides at the highest Level.
Barca and Real beat all the other Laliga teams because they are the best 2 teams in Europe not becoz other Laliga teams are not competitive . They would do the same to teams in england if they play in PL . If PL teams are more competitive than Laliga how come English cant win in Europa league ? No one is sayingPL is better than Laliga 2 or 3 years ago. Since then the quality in Laliga has increased in Laliga whereas PL has diminish to a large extent

Barca and Real beat all the other Laliga teams because they are the best 2 teams in Europe not becoz other Laliga teams are not competitive . They would do the same to teams in england if they play in PL .
Best team in Europe? Best Team in Europe should atleast reach the quarters which Real have failed over the years. Now dont come at me with 'This Year' point. Even then you do not have a Point becuase if Barca and Real are to be the best in Europe they must win the European Cup. Talking from the Fans wont do. Barca and United , leave alone beating all the teams of BPL would find it tough against teams like Villa, Spurs.
If PL teams are more competitive than Laliga how come English cant win in Europa league ?
Simply because its like performing against The best teams and Not performing against the lower level teams.! No one cares about what you do in Europa League, Its the CL that matters. And Spurs is one of the brightest example, playing their first CL Season, they made it to the qurtaers, Could have made semis if not Real or Barca. Teams from La Liga are all Pants at europe over the last few Years.