Just bought the Kindle

King Tendulkar

Based on our little interaction in the hood, I take your word on the I-Pad to be the gospel. I don't think Steve Jobs knows as much. :two_thumbs_up: Leave alone internet while traveling, I just want to know how to connect the I-Pads to the wifi network. Currently, the I-Pads show connected to HP comp ( my laptop) but when I open Safari, it says connection cannot be established. Why is that? Any idea? But I can of course use the laptop to go online. Can 2 I-Pads share a wireless network? I get connectivity for a few seconds on the I-Pad, and then it goes.I've found the I-Pad to be a big waste. Just good for initially showing it off to my friends. But there is only so much you can show off. :P
How are u going online from the laptop?

I want Kindle badly' date=' but have to pay $70 more if I have to ship it to India.[/quote'] I saw an offer on IndiaPlaza where it the wireless one was available for 9k Rs and 3g_wireless for 12k Rs. They said free shipping too. But going by reviews the site seems to be not very trustworthy

KT' date=' which size Kindle did you get? I'm in the market for one too. Should go to a local best buy and see which one feels better.[/quote'] Just get the small one with a leather case. The big one is not neccessary and will be more akward. As if buying for reading books its perfect to get normal size one, same size basically as a normal book. With case easy to read on train etc, doubt anyone will know you have a kindle while reading it as some will think its just a filo fax. Also I would not bother getting 3g version. I mean while moving around are you really going to need to get a book desperatley, surley one can wait till get home to get a book from own wifi. Kindle also has dictionary so while reading can see the meaning of the word on the page in 5 secs. Handy for more high brow books and even kids as a learning tool.

The 6'' feels like a real book. The 10'' is easier to read but very difficult to carry around
If want easy to read then just make the font bigger in 6". But I like to keep font same size as normal book to give that book feel and look. I think the 10" is more suitable for newspaper reading etc. 6" is definitley one to get, nice and light and better to read while on the beach on hols. Its a book replica

I also would always prefer a real book to an ebook but the thing is in the kindle you can carry thousands of books with you anywhere. Its very handy for someone who loves books and travels a lot. Also' date=' its very small in size while in the case of some books, they are sooo heavy that it feels as if your hands would fall off after reading for half an hour and I for one, like to read continuously for hours and hours if I have the time, so it gets pretty inconvenient with these heavy books.[/quote'] Agree. Love books. But Kindle is just so convient. If you want a book just get it in 1 mins. The amount of times I have suddenly decided I wish I had a book to read, now can get it in a minute. Kindle is just like a book. I have been converted from being total a sceptic

Can 2 I-Pads share a wireless network? I get connectivity for a few seconds on the I-Pad, and then it goes.I've found the I-Pad to be a big waste. Just good for initially showing it off to my friends. But there is only so much you can show off. :P
Its basically a male handbag for showing of with:--D

I saw an offer on IndiaPlaza where it the wireless one was available for 9k Rs and 3g_wireless for 12k Rs. They said free shipping too. But going by reviews the site seems to be not very trustworthy
Dude their price includes shipping. If you buy directly from Amazon it costs 8K so those dudes are making 1000 Rs clear profit.

Has anyone bought a Kindle 3 with 3G in the US and used it in India? Does the 3G work in India? If it does, is there an additional charge for using it? Also how useful is the 3G for the Kindle?
3G browsing is free. If you send any documents which are downloaded via 3G you are charged 15 cents per MB. In India 3G should work now that operators are supporting it. It will behave like an international roaming AT&T connection with roaming charges paid for in advance

What do poeple generally do with their laptops? put on sleep or hibernation mode or completley power down? Whats best for maintaining battery? Lead in or out. I generally power off and always use with charger in, unless emergency. What is best? How about just putting in to sleep mode and not using with charger until battery runs low?

click here People are spending considerable time with tablet devices and using them to play games, browse the web and search for information. Growth in the tablet market is only accelerating with companies releasing new products, and media companies and developers creating content specifically for these new devices. In order to better understand how people are using tablets we ran a survey of over 1,400 tablet users and found that: 68% of tablet users spend at least 1 hour a day on their tablet 77% of respondents report that their desktop/laptop usage decreased after they started using a tablet 82% of respondents said they primarily use their tablet at home More than 1 in 3 respondents uses their tablet more than they watch TV:

^ then why are u connecting the ipad to the computer. Do you have a wifi network @ home? Why don't you connect the ipad to that. If you're connecting to the computer' date=' are u sharing the internet?[/quote'] Yes I have a wireless network set up. I have connected the I-pad to the wifi. I have shared the internet. This is a pic: xnf5w3.jpg As you can see, I am connected to the HP comp network. It has a check mark. Even WiFi network says HP comp. That is my laptop. And my lappy has internet connection. So basically, my I-pads are connected to the wifi network but can't access internet. :confused: Safari doesn't load the page. I want internet on I-pad also. Otherwise its not of much use. Right? Should I disconnect the cable and try to do this with Reliance usb internet? Is it an internet problem or i-pad problem? Help. :pray:

Yes I have a wireless network set up. I have connected the I-pad to the wifi. I have shared the internet. This is a pic: As you can see, I am connected to the HP comp network. It has a check mark. Even WiFi network says HP comp. That is my laptop. And my lappy has internet connection. So basically, my I-pads are connected to the wifi network but can't access internet. :confused: Safari doesn't load the page. I want internet on I-pad also. Otherwise its not of much use. Right? Should I disconnect the cable and try to do this with Reliance usb internet? Is it an internet problem or i-pad problem? Help. :pray:
What is the name of the network (is it wifi or modem) that your laptop(hp-comp) is connected to?