Kaif back in ‘favour’, Ranadeb among 14

Kaif back in ‘favour’, Ranadeb among 14 A STAFF REPORTER

Calcutta: Mohammed Kaif, who last donned India colours in the ODI series in South Africa, is back in ‘favour.’ According to a BCCI release, the UP player is among 15 probables named for a batsmen-specific fitness camp to be held before selecting the Indian squad for the tours of Ireland and England. The NCA in Bangalore will host the camp for batsmen from June 9-12. The injured Manoj Tiwary and Suresh Raina were not considered. The camp for bowlers will be held at Mysore’s Infosys campus from June 4-8. Bengal medium pacer Ranadeb Bose is in the list of 14 probables. Harbhajan Singh, Ajit Agarkar and Irfan Pathan — who were ignored after the disastrous World Cup campaign — have also made a ‘comeback.’ Whether they ultimately get selected remains to be seen. Those who make the squad will have to attend a conditioning camp at the NCA from June 13-16. The BCCI released the probables lists after consultation with selection committee chairman Dilip Vengsarkar. The six Indians who have made the Asia squads — Sachin, Harbhajan, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni and Munaf — will be released from the camps in case of a clash with the Afro-Asia Cup matches. Piyush Chawla and Yo Mahesh are not among the probables as they will be leaving for training at the Australian Cricket Academy on June 2. BOWLING PROBABLES (Camp in Mysore, June 4-8) Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh, Ajit Agarkar, Zaheer Khan, Irfan Pathan, R.P. Singh, Ramesh Powar, Sreesanth, Munaf Patel, VRV Singh, Ishant Sharma, Ranadeb Bose, Rajesh Pawar, Pragyan Ojha BATTING PROBABLES (Camp at NCA, June 9-12) Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman, Virender Sehwag, Wasim Jaffer, Mohammed Kaif, Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Mongia, Gautam Gambhir, Dinesh Karthik, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Robin Uthappa, S. Badrinath, Rohit Sharma

yea..Include him in th team.. only to score meaningless 31 off 67 balls or 56 off 92 balls. The bad part is -- after having wasted all those overs , he gets out. The worst part is , he gets dropped from the team , goes to the media and asks -- " I dont know why i was dropped. Nobody told me the reason."... hahaha... Nice comic relief..

Guest dada_rocks

Ranadeb Bose has bene performing for long so his call is understandable but what do selectors see in this bojo called kaif is beyond me..There are at least a dozen more capable batsman than this guy ....

Guest dada_rocks
This bozo Kaif is more valuable today than bozo called Ganguly who is nearing his shelf life. Opportunities given to Kaif are better investment than spots wasted on Ganguly and SRT
Ganguly has shown he is capable unlike this bojo who is yet to learn how to hold a cricket bat
This bozo Kaif is more valuable today than bozo called Ganguly who is nearing his shelf life. Opportunities given to Kaif are better investment than spots wasted on Ganguly and SRT
Yes and pigs are flying all over and around me at the moment