Paul Valthaty

hari504504

Congrats India for finding their version of Afridi. Match winning 100 on debut:two_thumbs_up:
Paul will breathe a sigh of relief as he made a century in his 2nd IPL innings and thereby avoided being compared to Sir Afridi.:giggle:

Congrats India for finding their version of Afridi. Match winning 100 on debut:two_thumbs_up:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: What a brilliant Joke

Just based on this brilliant knock' date=' he deserves to be in the national team.[/quote'] If he gets out for 0 or < 10 in the next 12 matches, should he still deserve to be in the national team based on today's performance..Jeez.. He played much better than any one expected and I would be happy if he maintains it, lands on the India team and perform in the same level, but lets not go overboard. It's one day, against sub-par bowling attack.

It was a fluke ala Sir Afridi's entire career as a batsman..:hysterical:
I hate Pakis as much as the next guy, but lets not get carried away. He was really good at some point. If you look at the fastest 100s list, Boom boom is there more than any other player. I enjoyed watching him play as long as it's not against India.

The guy probably used up his luck quota for his entire life! I am staggered that some random unknown dude whose name NO ONE has even heard of before, can simply come on and play a whirlwind innings like this. That said, the Pwnjabis needed an out-of-the-world innings like this to finally surmount the final frontier. :winky:

seems an unlucky guy to me..especially considering the mediocrity available in plenty in ranji and mumbai itself not producig world class players it used to, i am staggered that he has not been given his chances. whether he can succeed in internationals can be only be quesion if he gets his chances in FC first. there are plenty of worse players than him in ranjis, that much i can say.

The guy probably used up his luck quota for his entire life! I am staggered that some random unknown dude whose name NO ONE has even heard of before, can simply come on and play a whirlwind innings like this. That said, the Pwnjabis needed an out-of-the-world innings like this to finally surmount the final frontier. :winky:
thats very harsh views about a young talent.:((

seems an unlucky guy to me..especially considering the mediocrity available in plenty in ranji and mumbai itself not producig world class players it used to, i am staggered that he has not been given his chances. whether he can succeed in internationals can be only be quesion if he gets his chances in FC first. there are plenty of worse players than him in ranjis, that much i can say.
Seems like he had an eye injury that forced him out.

Seems like he had an eye injury that forced him out.
He mentioned in the post-match interview that he got an eye injury during his U-19 world cup for India in 2002 which derailed his career which he has been trying to regain since. I just checked the U-19 world cup team in 2002 and he was there with Irfan, Parthiv, Bisla, Mohnish Mishra, Stuart Binny etc. in that team http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2001-02/OTHERS+ICC/U19-WC2002/SQUADS/U19-WC2002_JAN-FEB2002_IND-U19-SQUAD.html So, he was not telling lies it seems. It seems we lost the semis in the SA U-19 world cup and it is quite interesting that present SA stars like Graeme Smith, Hashim Amla, Ryan McLaren and Davy Jacobs were in their U-19 team. :woot: http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2001-02/OTHERS+ICC/U19-WC2002/SQUADS/U19-WC2002_JAN-FEB2002_RSA-U19-SQUAD.html And the U-19 world cup was won by Australia that year. And the squad members in the Aussie U-19 squad included Cameron White, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine, Daniel Christian, George Bailey, Calum Ferguson, Ben Hilfenhaus and Nathan Rimmington. Interesting. :woot: http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2001-02/OTHERS+ICC/U19-WC2002/SQUADS/U19-WC2002_JAN-FEB2002_AUS-U19-SQUAD.html