It's lonely at the top.

DomainK

Sorry to disappoint you gaize, I hope you know that the IPL championship isn't given based on the Points table. :hahaha: I know some of you thought so last year, just want to make sure you are aware of the playoffs and all that jazz. :giggle:

Sorry to disappoint you gaize, I hope you know that the IPL championship isn't given based on the Points table. :hahaha: I know some of you thought so last year, just want to make sure you are aware of the playoffs and all that jazz. :giggle:
This time the top 2 positions have serious advantage over 3 and 4. They get one extra shot and the final could end up again being between 1 and 2. So its a higher incentive to perform consistently

This time the top 2 positions have serious advantage over 3 and 4. They get one extra shot and the final could end up again being between 1 and 2. So its a higher incentive to perform consistently
Good system. But if a team finishes 4th go on to win the cup there will still be some whinging. I can assure you.

We have a word for that.. Glory hunters :cantstop:
Jeez..I've supported just ONE team in the last three seasons. If you can call anyone here a 'glory hunter' as far as IPL is concerned, it's the man whom you replied to :giggle:

Good system. But if a team finishes 4th go on to win the cup there will still be some whinging. I can assure you.
ya but they will have to win 3 matches in order to do it. So IMO they would deserve it. The only problem will arise if a team narrowly misses to be the 2nd by virtue of NRR

You still have to win 2 consecutive games to get hold of that trophy, or is that 3 games for the #3 and #4. :dontknow:

You still have to win 2 consecutive games to get hold of that trophy' date=' or is that 3 games for the #3 and #4. :dontknow:[/quote'] The winner of 3 vs 4 will have to play the loser of 1 vs 2. So the 1st and 2nd team get 2 shots at semi finals. Teams 3 and 4 need to win 3 matches while 1 and 2 only have to win 2 out of 3 (possible chances)

You still have to win 2 consecutive games to get hold of that trophy' date=' or is that 3 games for the #3 and #4. :dontknow:[/quote'] #1 v #2 = #1 Win #3 v #4 = #3 Win #2 v #3 = #3 Win #1 v #3 = #1 Win Final

The winner of 3 vs 4 will have to play the loser of 1 vs 2. So the 1st and 2nd team get 2 shots at semi finals. Teams 3 and 4 need to win 3 matches while 1 and 2 only have to win 2 out of 3 (possible chances)
Interesting, it is almost like they have managed a QF, SF and Finals with just 4 teams.