It's lonely at the top.

DomainK

Interesting' date=' it is almost like they have managed a QF, SF and Finals with just 4 teams.[/quote'] ya. Plus it rewards consistent performance across the whole league matches. Me thinks last years performance by Mumbai had something to do with it.

ya. Plus it rewards consistent performance across the whole league matches. Me thinks last years performance by Mumbai had something to do with it.
or DD's performance in IPL 2009, won most and lost to Deccan/Gilchrist in the semis :hysterical:

ok...MI on top for 1 day...tomorrow KKR will once again get the top position. :kkr:
even if KKR win tomorrow, they'll have to have a NRR better than Mumbai to be top of the table and even then Mumbai would have a match in hand with equal points :--D

even if KKR win tomorrow' date=' they'll have to have a NRR better than Mumbai to be top of the table and even then Mumbai would have a match in hand with equal points :--D[/quote'] KKR will win tomorrow...& that will itself give KKR a better NRR then MI. & the match in hand that MI have is to lose to KKR :--D

Not sure if others have noticed this but Rajasthan, Kolkota, Chennai and Bangalore who are just behind Mumbai in the points table all belong to the same group - meaning they play against each other twice in this competition. Mumbai's group mates, at the moment, fill the bottom half of table. I think it can be said that the luck of the draw has gone Mumbai's way in this IPL.