Catching was terrible

King

Dinesh Karthik - 4 drop catches Rahul Dravid - 1 drop catch Ishant Sharma - 1 drop catch 6 drop catches in all. Catching hit nadir in the second inning. There were some really poor effrot and Dinesh Karthik was diving all over the place but for clinging on to the ball. I think India would have really struggled against a decent test side giving away so many chances to the top order batsmen. Everything was clinical in the 2nd test but for catching.

Its just a freakish occurence that so many catches were dropped . I dont think you should consider this is a general reflection of the team's fielding ( catching) standards.In the first test , v didnt drop many and took some blinders. So rub of the green does go both ways. Ironically, it takes only a couple of blinders for a team's fielding to look grt.. nd couple of missed chances for it to look pathetic.. And if i am not mistaken , in the 2004 series against pakistan , we were almost on the verge of innings victory against Pak. We dropped something like 6 catches in one hour !!! These things happen once in a while..

:thumbs_down:I agree. Karthik especially bugged me. He gave away as many runs as he made. I can imagine against a team like Aus or Pak, they'd make him pay! You forgot to add Powar to the list. He missed a fairly easy catch because he his FAT made his reflexes a few seconds slow.