scary trend in CBSE Exams this year..

theguyinallblue

a girl scored 99% (495/500) in her CBSE class X exam this year.. a girl scored 98% ? in XI this year... just a decade back...a score above 90 used to brilliant..and many used to score in 80s..but now 90s have become the new 80s..... were we dumb..or these kids are now work harder and are more intelligent? it has something to do with lenient marking..and sense of competitiveness. i really feel for new generation students of CBSE board..these kids have really raised the bar... the day is not far..when some one will come up with Don Bradman's average in CBSE board... Thankgod...i am not in school any more...

99% in Class X is unimaginable! How can anyone get above 96/97 in English or SST?! The board is only diluting the 90+ percentage by such lenient marking. 90% to ab har aire gaire to aata hai. Even after getting something awesome like 92-93% in XIIth, you could be praying for a 3rd cut off list admission in DU. Marking has to become more stringent because it has simply devalued and rendered common the 90-95% bracket.

girl got 100 in Maths, SST and Sanskrit..99 in science.. 96 in englisg.. people used to score 100s...even before..but only in Maths...and science ( rarely )... never in SST and sanskrit... and a score of 90+ in english used to be rarest of rare.. now even in theory papers like SST people get 100... Ghor kaliyug aa gaya hai... science

From what i have seen, this is because of two reasons. 1. Tuition. Parents enroll their kids into all kinds of ridiculous "institutes" where help is offered outside of class. Tuition is big business now in New Delhi as kids become lazier and look for more shortcuts instead of attempting to do the hard work themselves. When i last visited, one of my neighbours told us about her daughter who was preparing for her board exams. For 8 months, she would wake up at 6:00 AM in the morning to go to a tuition class, catch her bus at 8:00, do school from 8:40 to 3:00 PM, spare an hour for lunch; and then head off for tuition again in the evening. She would usually return at 11:00 PM and then study 'til the ungodly hours of the morning. 3 or 4 hours of sleep at best, and then repeat the tiresome routine again. When you structure your whole damn life around studies and exams, of course you will ace them. Many kids are like this and even India Today profiled the cumbersome school education system in India. 2. The threat of adoption from parents. OK, I am just kidding there, but parents do place far too much pressure on their kids these days. No more of this "do your best" crap; they plan the kid's life out and then set specific goals. The kid has no option but to comply, and that is where the whole tuition-lifestyle starts.

Who got the lowest marks in 10th class? We should have a poll about that:haha: Pred was it you? :hysterical:
Nope, impossible. When i got to that age, I was smart enough to catch the quickest flight back to Yankland so i could avoid doing 10th and 12th grade in India ! Boo yeah :shades_smile:

Who got the lowest marks in 10th class? We should have a poll about that:haha: Pred was it you? :hysterical:
I donno abt 10th and 11th.. but 12th grade.. has to be me:shades_smile: I had already been accepted into georgiatech and umich before the boards started.. so didnt study at all.. walked out early in most of the exams.. teachers were like.. arre beta.. check your paper.. dont leave.. this is boards..:hysterical:.. i didnt care lol:haha: All i had to do was submit my passing certificate.. and i knew i would pass in them all :cantstop:

My cumulative scores (they are all approximates) when i was India; 6th grade; 85% (or something in the low-mid 80's IIRC) 7th grade; 68% 8th grade; 57% 9th grade; 53% (or somewhere in the low 50's, just on the brink) :shades_smile:
Pred you were going in the right direction :haha::thumbs_up: Abhe Holy 70 in maths is not that bad although desi loge ke liye low hoga. Till 10th I was in 70-80 category. Uske bade....:hysterical::thumbs_down:

its good that you left..before you were to touch the dizzy heights of 40s.. one funny incident..i clearly remember...in 1998... there was this typical baniya businessman.,...checking his son's result in Modern school..Barakhambha... he was talking to his wife..and said..."tere bete ne khub naam roshan kiya hai apne baap ka...45% marks laya hai..harami".... i was laughing loudly...hearing this...

CC...is it West Bengal...board? i know..its the toughest in india...if i may say so... thankgod..i did not stay long enough in WB..
Yep. WB education board. Considered toughest in India. When i was in Kolkata, attending Don Bosco (follower of ICSE board back then), the common saying used to be ' 90% from LaMartiniere ( CBSE) equals 80% from Don Bosco equals 70% from Ramkrishna Mission (WBSE). Scoring over 80 in English/Bengali/Hindi in WBSE is near-impossible, scoring in sciences are all or nothing - full marks or zero for the most basic error. No part marks.

Scoring over 80 in English/Bengali/Hindi in WBSE is near-impossible, scoring in sciences are all or nothing - full marks or zero for the most basic error. No part marks.
That just sucks. Making a stupid error like 5+3 = 9 should not enable a person to lose 7-8 marks.