THIS IS PUNJAB's YEAR. You read it here first: 2024

punjabi_khota

Why should you compare both of them? You seems get sadistic pleasure in discrediting Young Indian players?
:WTF: I have also mentioned about Valthaty a lot of times in several threads. But if you watch Marsh's innings in the last two innings and Valthaty's innings in the last 3-4 matches then you would surely understand why I was saying Marsh >>> Valthaty .. Marsh's shots are proper strokeplay and classy and he hardly goes for slogs whereas Valthaty does it a lot of times .. I like Valthaty and am impressed but after watching Marsh's innings I have to say that he is at a completely different class compared to Valthaty and even cricket fan would agree .. and that was just a fun post to be frank .. WTH are you so serious

:WTF: I have also mentioned about Valthaty a lot of times in several threads. But if you watch Marsh's innings in the last two innings and Valthaty's innings in the last 3-4 matches then you would surely understand why I was saying Marsh >>> Valthaty .. Marsh's shots are proper strokeplay and classy and he hardly goes for slogs whereas Valthaty does it a lot of times .. I like Valthaty and am impressed but after watching Marsh's innings I have to say that he is at a completely different class compared to Valthaty and even cricket fan would agree .. and that was just a fun post to be frank .. WTH are you so serious
I agree. Valthaty was playing much better cricket shots against CSK. Since then not so much.

We should not big ourselves up but just have a quiet confidence. We have a much better balance to the team this time around, without the likes of Sanga, Jaya and Tom Moody; the main cause of our downfall since IPL 1 imo. They should have just let Yuvi stay as captain. I also used to cringe at the sight of seeing Shreesanth's name on the teamsheet:facepalm: It was a shame that we couldn't keep hold of Yuvi and maybe Hopes who is a good all-rounder. We have a good captain now who has the experience of winning the competition and a decent coach in Michael Bevan who seems rather un-biased compared to Moody. Overall I am pleased with how the team is gelling together. Although, I do think the owners and coaching staff made some blunders in the auction, it was pretty evident at the time that they didn't have much of a strategy behind their purchases. Take the likes of Nayar and Chawla both at $800k:facepalm:Nayar doesn't look capable of hitting the ball out of the park and Chawla is always expensive and inconsistent. They did however make a couple of shrewd purchases with the likes of Marsh at $400k (no other team bid for him:hmmm:) and Harris at $300k. With Hussey now in the frame, offering his part time spin, I would like to see the following team for the next couple of games: Gilly Valthaty Marsh Karthik (needs to get his act togther) Hussey Mandeep Singh (I would drop Nayar for him to send a message) Sunny Singh (he is losing his way but is capable of big-hitting) Chawla Praveen Kumar Harris Ablish/Malik (I really don't rate Srivastava at all. He was poor for us in previous IPL's too) That would give 3 quicks with 1 spinner and 2 part-timers offering spin and medium pace in Hussey and Valthaty. :kxip:

Guest Gunner
We should not big ourselves up but just have a quiet confidence. We have a much better balance to the team this time around, without the likes of Sanga, Jaya and Tom Moody; the main cause of our downfall since IPL 1 imo. They should have just let Yuvi stay as captain. I also used to cringe at the sight of seeing Shreesanth's name on the teamsheet:facepalm: It was a shame that we couldn't keep hold of Yuvi and maybe Hopes who is a good all-rounder. We have a good captain now who has the experience of winning the competition and a decent coach in Michael Bevan who seems rather un-biased compared to Moody. Overall I am pleased with how the team is gelling together. Although, I do think the owners and coaching staff made some blunders in the auction, it was pretty evident at the time that they didn't have much of a strategy behind their purchases. Take the likes of Nayar and Chawla both at $800k:facepalm:Nayar doesn't look capable of hitting the ball out of the park and Chawla is always expensive and inconsistent. They did however make a couple of shrewd purchases with the likes of Marsh at $400k (no other team bid for him:hmmm:) and Harris at $300k. With Hussey now in the frame, offering his part time spin, I would like to see the following team for the next couple of games: Gilly Valthaty Marsh Karthik (needs to get his act togther) Hussey Mandeep Singh (I would drop Nayar for him to send a message) Sunny Singh (he is losing his way but is capable of big-hitting) Chawla Praveen Kumar Harris Ablish/Malik (I really don't rate Srivastava at all. He was poor for us in previous IPL's too) That would give 3 quicks with 1 spinner and 2 part-timers offering spin and medium pace in Hussey and Valthaty. :kxip:
This post has almost turned me into a kxip supporter. This is the smartest post ever by a Punjab supporter. I am amaze. :omg: