We must learn from Monty error!

They played a rubbish bowler at 8 in Giles, just cos they felt it would strengthen the batting. This meant they left out a far better bowler in Monty. He has now been reacalled for Giles and gets 5 as Aus skittled for 244. Now batting is whole lot easier for england with aus being skittled out for that total. We must not make same mistake by picking a rubbish bowler in Pathan just cos we think it will help the batting. What will really help the batters is bowling SA quickly and cheaply. We must not make same error as Fletcher and co.

Re: We must learn from Monty error! There is a world of difference between Monty and Pathans competition.....and between Pathans batting and Giles batting....And pathans bowling and giles bowling Pathan expected to score 40/50........giles, 20 Pathan expected to get atleast 2-4 wickets ..... giles, 1 per test In bowling at the moment,Monty>>>>>VRV>Pathan>>>>>>>>>>Giles If u go by the last few tests and current form,in batting Pathan > Ganguly Its not like we expect VRV or ganguly or jaffer to get a lot of wickets or score a lot....

Re: We must learn from Monty error! Please stop tring to pick Pathan as top 6 batter. Thats the last thing we need. Stop making assumptions based on one game on who is best. On this basis should not Bhaji be included as a batter? Pathan is not a top 6 batter. He needs to do well consistently for at least 8-12 months with big scores to be classed as such.

Re: We must learn from Monty error! Really? Well for well over a year I have said his bowling has been pants. Yet everyone told me otherwise. Now his bowling is widely recognised as being poor. Now in some peoples bizzare desperation to pick him they now say he is a top batter :lol: Am I pathan hater or is it some people have an obssession with Pathan and are desperate for him to play. Some of you guys are infatuated with him. You guys take the mick out of Rohan and his VVS obssession but at least VVS is a proven class act.

Re: We must learn from Monty error!

By current form batting wise pathan > ganguly> laxman>sachin>sehwag>jaffer>
ganguly averages less than laxman, jaffer, sehwag and pathan based on last 10 tests. he is only better than SRT. i think (not exact, but close) the order is: sehwag >> laxman > pathan > jaffer >> ganguly > sachin

Re: We must learn from Monty error! Looking at last 5 games Mat Runs HS BatAv 100 50 W BB BowlAv 5w Ct St Pathan 5 184 52 23.00 0 1 16 5/61 35.93 1 2 0 Mcgrath 5 21 11* 10.50 0 0 17 6/50 32.35 1 3 0 Not much bowling av difference but look at the batting avg difference and add to that only Indian to score 100 on this tour.