Why is it that Japanese dont need a visa to enter U.S???

Cricketics

its quite strange.. after even having attacked by japanese on pearl harbor, and taking revenge by bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki.. U.S still allows Japanese to enter U.S without any visa.. why is it so??? is their some treaty signed or something..

Rajeev- have you seen the "Japs are taking over" episode of South Park ? That was a classic. Cricketics: America biatch-slapped the Japs after the end of WWII..Japan's military is miniscule (though since they are so uber at tech, they have a lot of 'undeployed but ready' capabilities), Japan's foreign policy is tied in by treaty to the US..as far as i am aware, Japan cannot oppose the US on some issues. One thing the US wanted was open trade relations and no-visa requirement to travel freely back-and-forth from Japan as American investors poured in to ressurect Japan in the 50s and 60s. However, Japan kind of won the consumer-tech battle in biggest sectors (home appliances/cars) and now this is biting the US in the hiney. Too bad for the US but all the power to the Japs in my books.

its quite strange.. after even having attacked by japanese on pearl harbor, and taking revenge by bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki.. U.S still allows Japanese to enter U.S without any visa.. why is it so??? is their some treaty signed or something..
Isnt that true for Euorpean countries as well? I mean if you are a English or a German and you intend to visit US on business trip you do not need a visa(or atleast thats how it was till a few years back). But if you work in USA or visit USA on an extended period of time you do need a visa like everyone else. xxxx

@lurker, i am not sure, but i heard if a country is under "Visa Waiver Program" then its citizen can visit U.S for certain period without any visa for business purpose.. this wat i found after searching. Chk this link out http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-waiver.html
The waiver program has been extended to include nationals of the following countries: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. yep thats what I was talking about. For 90 days citizens of certain countries dont need a visa. I am nor sure what treaty falls under. Maybe NATO since a bulk of the countries fall under NATO. xxx

That List doesn't have Canada? or it's NAFTA or something
NAFTA would then include Mexico as well, wont it Rajeev? And mexicans are a no-no without visa in USA. But I do agree that Canada should be in there, might have been an oversight really. Canadians generally just drive through USA without worrying about any visa really. xxx