What are India's Chances of Winning the Upcoming TEST Series

jonas10

Just wanted to know what everyone thinks India's chances are for the following upcoming TEST series this year? West Indies? Id say they got a good chance about 75% depending on if they send a full strength side. 20% chance draw and 5% chance loss England? 50/50 - New coach maybe an issue or a blessing. Plus India will certainly need a full strength side to repeat their series win in 2007. Im saying this is 50% chance a draw 30% chance of a win 20% loss Australia - This isnt an ODI and they will definitely bring their best. Likely will be drawn so only about 20% chance of a win. 60% chance series drawn and 20% chance Aussie win. Come on India win all three! :dance:

The current Australian test team is absolutely craptacular. I'd be surprised if India doesn't win the test series by a 2 - 1 or 3 - 1 margin. They lost three freaking test matches to England by an innings. I was there for two of them :hehe: I reckon Ingerland will provide the toughest test of all three.

Aren't you people worried if the whole squad will be there or not for England and Australia series? What if Rahul's form's is too bad to continue till then? What if Laxman's struggle with his back becomes too big by then? What if Zak is not able to ladt the grind? Or such things? It all depends upon the squad that goes on these tours, though WI is not that much of a worry.

Guest Gunner
Aren't you people worried if the whole squad will be there or not for England and Australia series? What if Rahul's form's is too bad to continue till then? What if Laxman's struggle with his back becomes too big by then? What if Zak is not able to ladt the grind? Or such things? It all depends upon the squad that goes on these tours, though WI is not that much of a worry.
Hopefully he will retire soon, bringing him as a passenger to England would be appalling.

These are the venues: Mon Jun 20 - Fri Jun 24 1st Test - West Indies v India Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica N/A Tue Jun 28 - Sat Jul 2 2nd Test - West Indies v India Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados N/A Wed Jul 6 - Sun Jul 10 3rd Test - West Indies v India Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica 1st test - India 2nd test - India 3rd test - India/draw Thu Jul 21 - Mon Jul 25 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 06:00 EDT | 05:00 CDT | 03:00 PDT 1st Test - England v India Lord's, London N/A Fri Jul 29 - Tue Aug 2 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 06:00 EDT | 05:00 CDT | 03:00 PDT 2nd Test - England v India Trent Bridge, Nottingham N/A Fri Aug 5 - Sat Aug 6 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 06:00 EDT | 05:00 CDT | 03:00 PDT Northamptonshire v Indians County Ground, Northampton N/A Wed Aug 10 - Sun Aug 14 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 06:00 EDT | 05:00 CDT | 03:00 PDT 3rd Test - England v India Edgbaston, Birmingham N/A Thu Aug 18 - Mon Aug 22 10:00 GMT | 11:00 local 06:00 EDT | 05:00 CDT | 03:00 PDT 4th Test - England v India Kennington Oval, London 1st test - Lords: flattest track in England provided there are no overcast conditions Should be a draw 2nd test - Trent bridge - India 3rd test - Edgabston - India 4th test - Kennington Oval - India/draw

Guest Gunner

My predictions: Windies : home and away 3-zip Eng - 3 - ZIp (weather will help them escape with a draw in one). We will have mascara running down broad's face and break swann's hand bowling a bajillion overs. Oz - 4 - Zip.

My predictions : 1. England vs. India in England 1-1 2. WI vs. India in WI 0-2 3. India vs. WI in India 2-0 4. Australia vs. India in Australia 1-2
At this point in time these sound the most realistic of predictions yet I don't mind risking a prediction of a 2-1 scoreline in India's favor against England. Anderson will be their real key bowler...it'll depend upon how Viru tackles him. Whether Viru tackles him or not Anderson will definitely find it difficult to get his teeth firm into the batting line up...just that if Viru takes off then it will impact Anderson's confidence...he tends to lose confidence a lil too early (for the talent he possesses). Swann...fingers crossed...I am ready to raise him to the likes of Murali, Warne, Kumble if he performs excellent against India or I am ready to say he will be taught a lesson to shut up and let the ball do the talking. Truly fingers crossed on him.
At this point in time these sound the most realistic of predictions yet I don't mind risking a prediction of a 2-1 scoreline in India's favor against England. Anderson will be their real key bowler...it'll depend upon how Viru tackles him. Whether Viru tackles him or not Anderson will definitely find it difficult to get his teeth firm into the batting line up...just that if Viru takes off then it will impact Anderson's confidence...he tends to lose confidence a lil too early (for the talent he possesses). Swann...fingers crossed...I am ready to raise him to the likes of Murali, Warne, Kumble if he performs excellent against India or I am ready to say he will be taught a lesson to shut up and let the ball do the talking. Truly fingers crossed on him.
Swann has gotta be one of the most overhyped offspinners in a long time. He's a bit in form recently but at the end of the day the best offspinner in any of matches is obviously going to be Bhajji.
I'm not as confident as some of the others on the forum.
Maybe it has to do with your age? Whether realistic or not I find the younger fans have way more confidence and way less fear than some of us 30 pluses....and here I was thinking I am the more "bold" Indian fan in another cricket forum. But I do see lot of guys here older than me too...anyway youth makes the most noise (in a positive way)...lol!

Expect India to win in all. It will be a shocker if we lose to WI considering their team. England will be challenging. But having won there the last time around, it would be a shame if we lose with this team. In the past tours to Oz land, we have always been the under dogs and done fairly well. This time around we have a way better team. But its still some time away and if there are injuries to some lynchpins like Zak or Bhajji, it could all go wrong for the bowlers.