Eoin Morgan - Is he actually a quality finisher?

ViruRulez

Eoin Morgan has been perhaps the biggest disappointment for me till now. He came in the IPL being labelled as one of the biggest hitters and one of the best finishers of cricket right now. But the more I see of him the more I am disappointed. Even in the WC he failed to impress and he hardly looks either quality or a big hitter. Is he really a quality player at least in subcontinental conditions. Normally English players suck in India but he looked worse than the rest. Amongst the English only KP has looked comfortable in India in nearly every match. Rest have been big disappointments.

Yes becoz he has proven himself in intl. cricket.
But he has almost never performed in subcontinental conditions. He does not look a quality player in the subcontinent and struggles massively. His quality performances have been in UK and Aus only.

But he has almost never performed in subcontinental conditions. He does not look a quality player in the subcontinent and struggles massively. His quality performances have been in UK and Aus only.
IIRC ,he has played only one ODI series in subcontinent for Poms against Bangladesh and he won them a ,match single handedly when others around him were struggling against Bangladesh's spinners. And in T20 ,he won them a game against supposedly the best T20 side in the world (:cantstop:) single handedly at Dubai.

IIRC ' date='he has played only one ODI series in subcontinent for Poms against Bangladesh and he won them a ,[b']match single handedly when others around him were struggling against Bangladesh's spinners. And in T20 ,he won them a game against supposedly the best T20 side in the world (:cantstop:) single handedly at Dubai.
If I remember correctly, in that match he was given 3-4 life by the umpires. So all in all he STRUGGLED! But yes he has been the most disapointing KKR oversea player this season. I was honestly EXPECTING him to score heavily and not Kallis. Well i guess its a bad time to get the purple patch ...

He is class. He has improved England's ODI side no end. He is better in a run chase than when his side is batting 1st. I think he averages 20 runs more when England bat 2nd than when they bat 1st. He is very cool when at the crease and is normally good at hitting boundaries to relieve the pressure at key points in the match. If i am not mistaken, Kolkata have batted 1st more times than they have chased and he has also been run out in 2 matches. He has never been known as a big hitter, he is a cool headed batsman who can rotate the strike and is capable of hitting the odd boundary to relieve pressure. He is also pretty good against spin for an Irishman.

He's overrated' date=' he ain't hussey or Dhoni. Look at him he has failed numerous times, worst buy of Kolkota after sakib so far[/quote'] you change ur mind more than a girl changes clothes. From Morgan the best buy for KKR-IPL4 to this. Weirdo87

He's overrated' date=' he ain't hussey or Dhoni. Look at him he has failed numerous times, [b']worst buy of Kolkota after sakib so far
care to justify how Shakib's buy was one of the worst ?? Shakib has played only 4 matches and already got 7 wickets. He is amongst top bowlers in this season. He gave KKR early breakthroughs in last couple of matches and also had good economy rate. He just had poor game against RCB that too when every bowlers got smacked by Hurricane Gayle. If you have any personal grudges against him, then thats different case. You are entitled to comment but at least make some sense mate.

care to justify how Shakib's buy was one of the worst ?? Shakib has played only 4 matches and already got 7 wickets. He is amongst top bowlers in this season. He gave KKR early breakthroughs in last couple of matches and also had good economy rate. He just had poor game against RCB that too when every bowlers got smacked by Hurricane Gayle. If you have any personal grudges against him, then thats different case. You are entitled to comment but at least make some sense mate.
:cough::cough: