How do you rate Venugopal Rao

Okay, he has been scoring decent this IPL for Delhi, but I have always thought that this guy didn't get a proper chance. I remember watching his first innings for India. We were on tour to Sri Lanka in a tri series which involved west indies as the third team. We were in trouble in one of the games, and this guy scored a very gritty 38 run knock. We lost the match, but the way he handled pressure and also faced Murali with ease, proved me that he can really play at the big stage. I would definitely want to see more of him in odi's if Tendulkar and other seniors are going to rest. It's better to give players like him a chance, than giving someone like Sharma who been given plenty of chances already. He's someone who can bat well in the middle overs and anchor the innings.

Okay, he has been scoring decent this IPL for Delhi, but I have always thought that this guy didn't get a proper chance. I remember watching his first innings for India. We were on tour to Sri Lanka in a tri series which involved west indies as the third team. We were in trouble in one of the games, and this guy scored a very gritty 38 run knock. We lost the match, but the way he handled pressure and also faced Murali with ease, proved me that he can really play at the big stage. I would definitely want to see more of him in odi's if Tendulkar and other seniors are going to rest. It's better to give players like him a chance, than giving someone like Sharma who been given plenty of chances already. He's someone who can bat well in the middle overs and anchor the innings.
tics , if anything get him into the test team now..he can play for another 5-6 years , a very good stopgap option ....we will be wasting time with him in the ODI's , though am sure he will do well there too our LOI team isnt short of batting talent
tics ' date=' if anything get him into the test team now..he can play for another 5-6 years , a very good stopgap option ....we will be wasting time with him in the ODI's , though am sure he will do well there too we have too our LOI team isnt short of batting talent[/quote'] I would love to man. He is a no nonsense player. Reminds me of Dravid a bit for some reason. He always let his bat do the talking. But I believe it's easy to sneak in into our test side than odi side. Pujara hit loads of runs and than he eventually got a chance. I would love to, yes i would really want to see him part of test 11 in near future.

Dont you know consistent domestic performers are not anymore rewarded with senior call ups. Contenders have to be a) 24 years of age and below and b) have played for the U19 side, ideally in a WC winning one. On a more serious note, an FC average of 42 suggests there are a few better options.

anybody named YALAKKKAAAA!! should automatically be in the team. Other teams will be intimidated just by his name when he walks in. Its like having rajnikanth in your team - and is it just me or he kinda looks like him as well. YALAKAAA!

I heard a statement from media/opposition teams that: "No Target is SAFE when VenuGopala Rao is around!!!" The chase of 500 odd vs England A is an example for the same!!!!!!
:cantstop: I think that comment was as sarcastic as your user id :hysterical: Venu is a good player but the quote makes him sound as if he's a cross between Viv Richards, Sehwag and Tendulkar :hysterical: