Zaheer set to miss first half of WI tour

We just won the World Cup, IPL will be on for 7 weeks and we will have ODI series in West Indies in a week after IPL is over. I think we should rest our regular test players who played in the world cup and are playing in IPL. The players who should be rested are : Sachin Sehwag Gambhir Dhoni Zaheer Harbhajan What do you guys think, I haven't included Yuvraj because I think he will not be picked for the test series. Also include list of players that should get a look in for ODIs that weren't part of the world cup squad.

We just won the World Cup, IPL will be on for 7 weeks and we will have ODI series in West Indies in a week after IPL is over. I think we should rest our regular test players who played in the world cup and are playing in IPL. The players who should be rested are : Sachin Sehwag Gambhir Dhoni Zaheer Harbhajan What do you guys think, I haven't included Yuvraj because I think he will not be picked for the test series. Also include list of players that should get a look in for ODIs that weren't part of the world cup squad.
Righto ! That would leave us with ... Dinesh Karthik M. Vijay / R.Uthappa Virat kohli Yuvraj Singh (Cap) Suresh Raina Rohit Shama / Saurabh Tiwary / Someone else based on IPL form Yusuf Pathan Ishant Sharma / P.Kumar Munaf Patel Ashish Nehra R. Ashwin Good enough to take the windies i reckon
Out of these I'd say Bhajji and Gambhir may not rest. We should not take the Windies that lightly, resting soo many key players may result in an unnecessary and unexpected loss in the ODI series. So I think only 3-4 out of the above 6 will rest.

We shouldnt worry about No.1 rankings in ODIs . They are meaningless. We should rest key players like OP says so that they are rested and freshened up for test series in WI and long tour of Eng . We should try to create a large pool of players for 2015 without worrying about results like Dhoni has suggested

Rest Gambhir ,Dhoni , Sachin , Sehwag , Zaheer and even Yuvraj and Raina if needed . They will be more needed for the England tour which we need to win at any cost. I recommend for WI following teams For ODI : Shikhar Dhawan,Robin Uttappa,Kohli ,Rahane,Tiwary,Manoj Tiwari , Pathan ,Ashwin ,Ishant ,Praveen. Take Umesh Yadav , Unadkat and Varun as trainees alongwith to get experience . Abhishek Nayyar and Rayadu can be back up batsmen. Uttapa can keep wickets and Kohli to captain. For test : Vijay ,Rahane,Kohli , Dravid ,Pujara ,Laxman,Ashwin and some new bowlers. Laxman can be captain ..he deserves captaincy atleast for a series and Rahane or Pujara can keep wickets for this particular series

you are kidding right???we are the ****ing world champions(it says so right in the banner!!!!).
so we should rest on our laurels??? This is the 1st series we will play as "the ***ing World Champions" and people want to rest every senior player in the team - why not have some of the seniors rest right now instead of taking part in the Bollywood Tamasha (a.k.a IPL), why rest all of them for an international tour?? I think at the most we will be resting 3-4 players, not more that.
Rest Gambhir ,Dhoni , Sachin , Sehwag , Zaheer and even Yuvraj and Raina if needed . They will be more needed for the England tour which we need to win at any cost. I recommend for WI following teams For ODI : Shikhar Dhawan,Robin Uttappa,Kohli ,Rahane,Tiwary,Manoj Tiwari , Pathan ,Ashwin ,Ishant ,Praveen. Take Umesh Yadav , Unadkat and Varun as trainees alongwith to get experience . Abhishek Nayyar and Rayadu can be back up batsmen. Uttapa can keep wickets and Kohli to captain. For test : Vijay ,Rahane,Kohli , Dravid ,Pujara ,Laxman,Ashwin and some new bowlers. Laxman can be captain ..he deserves captaincy atleast for a series and Rahane or Pujara can keep wickets for this particular series
Remembr Zimbawe Series ? we lost to Zimbabwe and Sri lanka ?.For god sake we don;t want that now after winning the world cup ,that will be shameful :(
so we should rest on our laurels??? This is the 1st series we will play as "the ***ing World Champions" and people want to rest every senior player in the team - why not have some of the seniors rest right now instead of taking part in the Bollywood Tamasha (a.k.a IPL), why rest all of them for an international tour?? I think at the most we will be resting 3-4 players, not more that.
we should send our B team and still win every one of the useless odi game against the hapless West Indies.Our way forward is to blood new players and it starts in West indies,A B side soesnt mean a complete new team by the way.