Premier League fanatics

Gambit

I recently posed a question to a friend of mine who is a devoted T Hotspurs fan. I asked him if he'd rather have Hotspurs win the Champions League or England(his country) win the world cup? To my shock and horror, he said he'd prefer the former. Why do so many people care as much or maybe a bit more about their club sides that about their country sides when it comes to football? :confused:

No one gives a damn about international football because; 1) club affinities. Tottenham Hotspur supporters aren't going to boo a traitor like Sol Campbell when he and Portsmouth visit White Hart Line, and then cheer for him the next week when he is playing for England. Can you imagine a Liverpool supporter screaming at his TV saying; "COME AWWWWWWWN GARY !" in reference to a through and through scouse-hating Mancunian like Gary Neville ? It's ridiculous. 2) England as a team, are sh*t and don't have a hope in hell of winning anything. A bunch of overpampered primadonnas hyped up to the sky by the media - much like the Indian cricket team. They also play crappy football, and the Englishmen don't and shouldn't appreciate the long-ball style employed by managers like Sven and McClaren when it's obvious that these players are capable of playing attacking football. 3) England are London-based

High level club football is much more exciting. Spurs vs even Wigan would be better than Eng vs Estonia Theres greater affinity for club teams as well...almost like their your lads, because we see them playing week in and week out. England so need a good coach its painful. McLaren is an idiot. Lampard should be dropped now. Martin O Neill where art thou...?

No one gives a damn about international football because; 1) club affinities. Tottenham Hotspur supporters aren't going to boo a traitor like Sol Campbell when he and Portsmouth visit White Hart Line, and then cheer for him the next week when he is playing for England. Can you imagine a Liverpool supporter screaming at his TV saying; "COME AWWWWWWWN GARY !" in reference to a through and through scouse-hating Mancunian like Gary Neville ? It's ridiculous. 2) England as a team, are sh*t and don't have a hope in hell of winning anything. A bunch of overpampered primadonnas hyped up to the sky by the media - much like the Indian cricket team. They also play crappy football, and the Englishmen don't and shouldn't appreciate the long-ball style employed by managers like Sven and McClaren when it's obvious that these players are capable of playing attacking football. 3) England are London-based
Spot on. I, not being from England don't give two hoots about England football team.I do like to see United players do well, ofcourse.That is the sole reason for me wishing England o do well. But i know lot of mates from Manchester who would put United before Engerland on any given day.Infact, ive never seen one fan putting it the reverse.That doesnt mean they dont support their national team.Juss that they put the club before nething. The rreasons...Well...there are many. For one..in the earlier days England used to play all their games at Wembley.That probably did make the Northerners feel left out.It also meant that the Southerners mostly booed the Northern players. I remember watching some matches in which United players were booed everytime they touched the ball.United fans replied by chanting Anti England chants.Hell...i remember matches where anti england chants r chanted in club games...like "Are you Inger**** in disguise" Things are changing tho...The hatred has come down.Now that England play their games all round the country helps as well. But it will always be Club > England. unitedgreaterthanenglangx4.jpg

Spot on. I, not being from England don't give two hoots about England football team.I do like to see United players do well, ofcourse.That is the sole reason for me wishing England o do well. But i know lot of mates from Manchester who would put United before Engerland on any given day.Infact, ive never seen one fan putting it the reverse.That doesnt mean they dont support their national team.Juss that they put the club before nething. The rreasons...Well...there are many. For one..in the earlier days England used to play all their games at Wembley.That probably did make the Northerners feel left out.It also meant that the Southerners mostly booed the Northern players. I remember watching some matches in which United players were booed everytime they touched the ball.United fans replied by chanting Anti England chants.Hell...i remember matches where anti england chants r chanted in club games...like "Are you Inger**** in disguise" Things are changing tho...The hatred has come down.Now that England play their games all round the country helps as well. But it will always be Club > England. unitedgreaterthanenglangx4.jpg
BUMP. Nice one Gambit for this link. Trust me this rings true to 99.9% of United fans. Hell I had to leave the pub when England were playing Portugal in the WP (2006) because I was cheering Ronnie everytime he touched the ball. Yes like hell United players were booed everytime they touched the ball at one time. I didn't even watch the game on Wednesday (no interest whatsoever). :D Come on you reds.

2) England as a team, are sh*t and don't have a hope in hell of winning anything. A bunch of overpampered primadonnas hyped up to the sky by the media - much like the Indian cricket team. They also play crappy football, and the Englishmen don't and shouldn't appreciate the long-ball style employed by managers like Sven and McClaren when it's obvious that these players are capable of playing attacking football.
England doesn't suck. Anyone who knows even a little football knows what kind of blunders McLaren has made, the biggest one by far was playing 4-3-3 with Gerrard/Lampard/Barry in the middle. Let me manage the freakin team man, I'd do a much better job. All Mclaren has to do is pick the right 11, not hard at all ...... England plays a very physical game unlike in Spain where the football looks good though English football is more efficient/solid IMO...