Surfing the net in the office

Gambit

How do you do it? Do you quickly type the url, minimise the browser window and open it only after making sure no one is looking?:ahhhhh: Do you open multiple tabs in the browser, half work related, half non-work so that you can shuttle between tabs unnoticed? You don't care and browse in full view? I disable images in my browser when I surf which tends to make most sites look the same. (plus rediff and TOI have some provocative images on their homepage sometimes that, to onlookers, might create a rather different impression of me! :hysterical:

Internet is no more a taboo in the IT industry. You simply cannot function without internet, it's as simple as that. I work out of home so I don't have to use my work connection for private internet purposes but when I do go to work I have extended screen. One on my laptop and the other on the monitor. I usually keep few internet tabs open in firefox, email and IM on the laptop screen while the work related stuff is on the monitor.

Guest dada_rocks

This is where I miss my university days.. Door closed and do whatever u want. Heck forget just surfing I could go around roaming naked there noone wud know.

No problem. I just surf as much I want. I hate those crap ads and some TOI pictures o'wise, Hotmail, Gmail is absolutely no probs...Always surf from work. Never surf from home cuz dont find time to stick on to the computer at all.

No problem. I just surf as much I want. I hate those crap ads and some TOI pictures o'wise' date=' Hotmail, Gmail is absolutely no probs...Always surf from work. Never surf from home cuz dont find time to stick on to the computer at all.[/quote'] since you have installed firefox successfully now instal the adblock plus addon and subscribe to EasyList in that no ads will trouble you