Is Pathan really back?

It will make a huge difference, if what he says is really true.... I've regained my rhythm: Irfan Pathan Agencies feedback.gif email.gif print1.gif Posted online: Friday, June 01, 2007 at 2049 hours IST Chennai, June 1: Out-of-favour seamer Irfan Pathan said that he has regained his rhythm and believes he is on the right track for a comeback to international cricket. advertisement.gifadlog.php?bannerid=2646&clientid=490&zoneid=570&source=&block=0&capping=0&cb=b2776d8efeb6b6e21c3032fe275bc847At the end of his six-day training at the MRF Pace Foundation, from where he rose to be an international, an excited Pathan said, "I am back to my usual bowling rhythm. You see the light in my face. I am happy to come back to the Academy to take corrective measures." Thanking T A Sekar, the chief coach at the Academy, Pathan, who last played when West Indies toured India in January last, said, "I have been wanting to hone my skills under Sekar Sir but I could not find time at a stretch for a week or more." Irfan felt he lost the rhythm during India's Pakistan tour and taking advice from too many experts did not help his cause. "It took just two seconds for Sekar Sir to tell me where I am going wrong. He worked on a few technical aspects of my bowling. From last Monday, I have been trying to make amends. I have been bowling with old, semi-old and new balls at the nets here. Sekar Sir will never have nice words but he is clear about what he says. Today, he told me that he was satisfied," he said. Making clear that he was not complaining, Pathan said he had not been bowling with the new ball and so could not swing the ball as much as he used to. "I had to work hard to get back to the team by proving myself in the domestic circuit. I am oozing with confidence to play competitive cricket after my stint here," he added. http://cricket.expressindia.com/fulleistory.php?content_id=87519

Guest dada_rocks
"I am back to my usual bowling rhythm" The wide outside the off stump rhythm or the short-pitched hit-me rhythm?
come on sut the poor guy soem slack:haha:

i think pathan is essential for our success. rather than burden him with the responsibility of main attack bowler and star allrounder, let him play the role of a third seamer... anything but a blunt instrument to hammer the enemy, for at his pace, he is more effective as a tedious bowler to dispose of rather than your strike bowler. i think sreesanth and zaheer are our ideal opening combination and pathan/agarkar fills in the rest... all untill nehra and balaji return... or when vrv grows up.