I've regained my rhythm: Irfan

CHENNAI, June 1: Out-of-favour seamer Irfan Pathan on Friday said that he has regained his rhythm and believes he is on the right track for a comeback to international cricket. "I am back to my usual bowling rhythm. You see the light in my face. I am happy to come back to the Academy to take corrective measures." an excited Pathan said at the end of his six-day training at the MRF Pace Foundation, from where he rose to be an international player. Thanking TA Sekar, the chief coach at the Academy, Pathan, who last played when West Indies toured India in January last, said, "I have been wanting to hone my skills under Sekar Sir but I could not find time at a stretch for a week or more." Irfan felt he lost the rhythm during India's Pakistan tour and taking advice from too many experts did not help his cause. "It took just two seconds for Sekar sir to tell me where I am going wrong. He worked on a few technical aspects of my bowling. "From last Monday, I have been trying to make amends. I have been bowling with old, semi-old and new balls at the nets here. Sekar Sir will never have nice words but he is clear about what he says. Today, he told me that he was satisfied," he said. Making clear that he was not complaining, Pathan said he had not been bowling with the new ball and so could not swing the ball as much as he used to. "I had to work hard to get back to the team by proving myself in the domestic circuit. I am oozing with confidence to play competitive cricket after my stint here," he added. http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2092911.cms

:haha::haha:.... an inform and fit pathan..can be a lethal force in England...in swinging conditions... we have Sreesanth and Munaf as seam bowlers who will seam the ball off the pitch and if we could get zaheer and Pathan as swing bowlers...we will have deadly combination.... and his batting will always be a plus...he can counter Panesar..as he is a lefty...

Pathan, IF he regains his form, will truly run through the english lineup.... anyone remember Terry Alderman??? a flop bowler anywhere in the world, except a demon in england.... he took 40 wkts in a series twice against them... they have this hugeg weakness for 130 kph banana swingers...

Harbhajan's saying he's working hard and getting into rhythm and now Pathan's sporting light in his face. I think they are making noises at the right time to get into the team. I don't see them both selected just because they claimed they have gotten better.

Talk is cheap. How about he takes bucket loads of wickets at domestic level for a sustained period. As for runninng through eng batting, thats the joke of the year. Even at his best he was cr#p test bowler. The kid has loads to prove before earning recall. He is 2 or 3 years away from recall IMO.

Talk is cheap. How about he takes bucket loads of wickets at domestic level for a sustained period. As for runninng through eng batting, thats the joke of the year. Even at his best he was cr#p test bowler. The kid has loads to prove before earning recall. He is 2 or 3 years away from recall IMO.
please dont post BS COMMENTS. Damn you a kid or wat? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
please dont post BS COMMENTS. Damn you a kid or wat? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Why what was so good about his test record it was very very mediocre. You clearly spend to much time listening to the hype and not actually watching the cricket. He is not in the test and odi squads for a reason eg that he bowls cr#p! Dont see why people object to him backing up the big talk with big performances in domestic cricket. Let him PROVE he has got his rhythm back and is a rhythum which takes wickets!

we have been through this too many times.... u jus have to pull out his record when we went throguh tht unbeaten run over a year.... 40 with the bat and 22 with the ball... saved a test in pak with his batting along with dhoni under tremendous pressure... golden hat-trick.... top 3 batters... beat tht... i am not saying he is a great player.... he definitely had the potential....

Pathan shouldn't be allowed any where near the test team until he proves his worth in domestic cricket for a season or 2. All it will take is for Peitersen to treat him like a spinner and swat him out of the ground a couple of times and he'll crumble and become a liability. If he can regain his swing then he'll be a valuable asset, but only IF.