Good Time for Tennis Fans

kabira

Federer was highly dominating the tennis. There wasn't much competition. I myself did not watch lot of tennis after retirement of Sampras and Agassi. But right now there seems to be 3 guys equally good, competing against each other. Djokovic hasn't lost a game this year and even defeated Nadal in 4 finals, 2 of them on Clay. French Open will be fun. I am sure Nadal and Federer will be back with Bang. So all in all, good time to be Tennis fan "again"

Yeah, The Djoker has really come good in the last few months and the improvement in his game has been spectacular and is now a serious challenger to both Federer and Nadal. IMO he's the frontrunner going into the French Open :woot: Federer hasn't won much in the last few months so I'm expecting him to come back into top form very soon. Some people (like DanBhai :--D) have already written him off but they're all in for a shock - Fedex is a Champion and he's going to come back and win at least one grand slam this year.

Yep really good time for the fans and no doubt we're in for a great times ahead! Djokovic is playing the best tennis at the moment, the kind of which Nadal displayed last couple of years and Fed did for so many years. Djokovic was always a class player, but his unnecessary arrogance and temperament issues let him down many a times in the past. Now he's more calm, composed and 'less' arrogant on the field which seems to have done a world of good for him. To beat Rafa back to back on clay court is no mean achievement..and yesterday he virtually raped Rafa! After so many years we are seeing someone other than Rafa going in to French Open as the favourite but expect seasoned pros like Fed and Rafa to pull up their socks and make the French Open (and the slams after) a treat to watch!

Its great tosee Novak break the hold of the top two, not to mention so emphatically. Does make tennis quite interesting. However now seems like the top two are a sizeable margin ahead of the rest! Murray is pushing there or therabouts which is great to see but not a huge amount of competition. I hope, really hope that Fed has one more slam in him at least. But not sure, age might be catching up with the great man. I hope he quits while he is ahead, when Sampras won his last slam the 2002 (i think) US Open he was world no 17 I think. I would not like to see Fed slump that far. As of now Im not sure he is in the same kind of form as Djok and Rafa- certainly on clay. Id back him to get the better of Nole on grass-will be inetersting to see the 'new' Novak at Wimb. For the french I really hope Soderling gets into full form and fitness, he can be a real challenger for it. Gasquet btw, is my dark horse tip- watch this space...