How beautiful is this?

^ It purely has to do with Sachin's legs being shorter. I've spent many hours trying to achieve those still shots and body positions of Tendulkar and I simply can't, simply because either my knees need to be bent for the bat to reach the ground (and then I lose that form) or lean towards the direction my shoulders are pointing at which takes away my head position.

@ Tum Tum Huh?? What has shorter legs got to do with how you stand? It matters only when your bat touches the ground during your stance not at any other time. A few paces before the bowler's final delivery stride, a batsman usually has his bat lifted up...this means he need not bend down to tap the bat on the ground (if he is taller or has taller legs). More importantly, the stance is not just about the height of his legs. There are more things to notice there...the neck, the back, the shoulder, the hands, the arms, the distance between the legs, etc. Anyway, I am not sure what your context is, but as far as I am concerned I am analyzing the stance of 3 batsmen and from that trying to conjecture their mental make up

@ Tum Tum Huh?? What has shorter legs got to do with how you stand? It matters only when your bat touches the ground during your stance not at any other time. A few paces before the bowler's final delivery stride, a batsman usually has his bat lifted up...this means he need not bend down to tap the bat on the ground (if he is taller or has taller legs). More importantly, the stance is not just about the height of his legs. There are more things to notice there...the neck, the back, the shoulder, the hands, the arms, the distance between the legs, etc. Anyway, I am not sure what your context is, but as far as I am concerned I am analyzing the stance of 3 batsmen and from that trying to conjecture their mental make up
It isn't all about how your stance is, at the end of the day you have to be able to hit the ball. Tendulkar can keep his form if he receives a yorker or fullish delivery, for anybody else it becomes difficult. Tendulkar can keep his legs straight during his stance (as he won't have to readjust when the ball is coming down), and that is reflected on everything else on the upper body. It's called posture mate.
It isn't all about how your stance is' date=' at the end of the day you have to be able to hit the ball. [b']Tendulkar can keep his form if he receives a yorker or fullish delivery, for anybody else it becomes difficult..
Isn't that why he is the Buddha?
Tendulkar can keep his legs straight during his stance (as he won't have to readjust when the ball is coming down)' date=' and that is reflected on everything else on the upper body. It's called posture mate[/quote']Here, I disagree. Height is not a precondition to be a great batsman. There are tall ATG batsmen as many as there are short. Wanna see? Anyway, you still don't seem to get the point of my post - my post is a conjecture of the way a batsman approaches his batting in the mind as I glean from his stance. For ex- Dravid need not bend as much as he has...he is not that tall. Viru, can do with a bit more bending coz he ain't really that short. if your theory is right then we should have seen Viru bending down at least a little because he is taller than Sachin. Their stances are clearly giving off impressions as to their mental approach towards their batting.