Where is She?

Dhondy

Madeleine McCann? Is she even alive? The parents live just 25 miles from us. Both are doctors, one a GP, one a cardiologist. Both 38, devout Catholics. It's exactly a month since she disappeared from their holiday cottage in Portugal. There is a website devoted to finding her, around 2.5 million dollars in reward money announced, and several hundred thousand pounds have been raised to fund the search that's still ongoing. Recent European games, including the Champions League Final ran videos on her before the start. The parents met the Pope recently, to seek strength and bolster their resolve. They are now travelling through Europe in their quest to find her. Put simply, it's the biggest search operation for a missing child in Europe. Ever. Some Brits are likening their feeling of empathy to that felt when Princess Diana died. Certain people have pointed out that the West was strangely silent when Muslim children died in Darfur and Iraq, yet the outpouring of emotion over one missing child continues to be overwhelming. Where are you, Madeleine?

Oh the irony! The parents go to visit a pope who himself has used the hush hush method to protect paedophile priests to maintain the "good" name of catholic church :angry_smile:

A secret document which sets out a procedure for dealing with child sex abuse scandals within the Catholic Church is examined by Panorama. Crimen Sollicitationis was enforced for 20 years by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger before he became the Pope. It instructs bishops on how to deal with allegations of child abuse against priests and has been seen by few outsiders. Critics say the document has been used to evade prosecution for sex crimes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/5389684.stm Watch the video link. Worth watching :embaressed_smile:

Hope they find the poor girl. Child surely does not need to suffer for the carelessness of her dumb parents :broken_heart: I would say the chance of her being found are close to nil :sad_smile: I hope I am wrong though.