How many of you have pets?

Bublu Bhuyan

And why do you say that? :confused:
There's a huge difference. Pedigree dogs were bred for specific purposes and they have been domesticated for hundreds of years. Labradors have been domesticated for almost 200 years now. Each breed has it's own characteristics and as long as you get them from a reputable breeder, you can be assured they'll live up to those characteristics. As long as a Labrador is mentally healthy, it'll never ever show any signs of aggression. Stray dogs are just unpredictable and they don't come from ancestors who were domesticated either. The basic difference is between domesticated and non domesticated animals. Look it up over Wikipedia. All the reputable breeds are domesticated, while stray dogs are not.

I had 2 dogs back home, the lab died last year.:( We have his cemetery in the lawn. the Pom has also grown old. 11 years now. When I moved to delhi 10 yrs bck, they were very young.They are treated like my brothers. At times, I feel neglected when I visit home :embaressed_smile:I also have a local cat and a pair of birds. Here , I brought a dachshund, but he grew up to a rascala so I gave him away to a family. Too much stress for a bachelor:idunno:. Now, I have adopted a stray, giant desi gunda. He roams around the colony during day and when I get bck frm ofic he returns. No maintainace. Just breakfast, dinner and biscuits, and he acts lyk he is the siddarth mallya of the colony:king:. :--D Luckily, mine is a pet loving neighborhood, so he is never short of food even if I am away.

One of my other relatives have a stray dog. It actually adopted itself wen it was a week old and walked into their home starving and barely alive. They fed it and today its an year old. Its just as possessive, protective of the home as a pedigree dog is. Of course being a stray it doesnt look as good as a pedigree. But its just as loving and faithful

I had 2 dogs back home, the lab died last year.:( We have his cemetery in the lawn. the Pom has also grown old. 11 years now. When I moved to delhi 10 yrs bck, they were very young.They are treated like my brothers. At times, I feel neglected when I visit home :embaressed_smile:I also have a local cat and a pair of birds. Here , I brought a dachshund, but he grew up to a rascala so I gave him away to a family. Too much stress for a bachelor:idunno:. Now, I have adopted a stray, giant desi gunda. He roams around the colony during day and when I get bck frm ofic he returns. No maintainace. Just breakfast, dinner and biscuits, and he acts lyk he is the siddarth mallya of the colony:king:. :--D Luckily, mine is a pet loving neighborhood, so he is never short of food even if I am away.
:cantstop::cantstop: