Munaf's injury: Blessing in disguise

kabira

Mind you, he is very good bowler and future star...But he is coming from injury..doesnt have any match practice.. It would have been tough on him to expect firing from word go..Ask Harmison, Anderson and Giles..all were coming out of injury.. If he was fit, it meant we had to chose either SS or VRV..Both impressed in practice game... I would rather go with someone who has some sort of practice and rhythm... I think this will be blessing in disguise..

Re: Munaf's injury: Blessing in disguise Munaf, Sree and Zaheer for the 2nd test though, and we have a seam line-up to smile about. How did VRV bowl today? He looks like a frail young schoolgirl trapped in a big schoolgirl's body. Screw how he bowls, I find it hard to get past the way he looks. I half expect him to run in to bowl wearing a pretty pink leotard.

Re: Munaf's injury: Blessing in disguise Quite correct, Ranj. He's probably blushingly looking into a mirror right now, head-over-heels in love with himself. How anybody can think this boy can handle Test cricket beats me. He is as frail mentally as a slab of mutton at the abattoir.

Re: Munaf's injury: Blessing in disguise Pink skirt or not, it was VRV who sparked the remarkable turnaround with his maverick last wicket hitting. His exuberance rubbed off on his team mates as well and they came out firing on all cylinders. As far his pace was concerned, he hardly got a few overs to even warm up! Moreover Nel had gone bonkers and I think it made sense to keep it gun-barrel straight like he did - even if it meant sacrificing a bit of pace. All in all a fantastic performance by the bowlers, job well done!

Re: Munaf's injury: Blessing in disguise Not a great pace by VRV but he bowled nice and straight. Lest he didn't bowl too wide allowing the Saffie batters to throw their kitchen sink. Didn't see him get as much swing as say Sreesanth (the release and wrist of Sreesanth is great) but he played a decent ploy and kept the pressure. I would like to see few more chances given prior writing him off out rightly.

Re: Munaf's injury: Blessing in disguise ridiculous.... a facking useless Raina and Kaif are given million chances cos they are batters.... while a guy who had a bad debut, but still is tall and unanimously accepted as the fastest in india cos he consistely clocks 144+ jus bowled 3 overs and took a wicket and he is hailed a failure... if u wanna go by looks, WTF is Sehwag doing in the team?