Zak against lefties

We just need to slow down their RR to less than 2...that is only if we don't pick too many early wickets. Even if they put on a partnership, make run scoring hard...so they don't get away and when a wicket does fall...we are still in the game. Example: How Dhoni chocked the life out of Hussey and Katich during the 3rd test of the Border Gavaskar trophy in 2008. That session of test match bowling execution was just awesome.

Yes. But seriously what did you see in Irfan to be able to take him for the English tour ? :hmmm:
Saw his banana swing in one or two matches at IPL which gives some hope. But overall, he was very inconsistent and I am really not sure if he can last the distance in a test match.
We just need to slow down their RR to less than 2...that is only if we don't pick too many early wickets. Even if they put on a partnership, make run scoring hard...so they don't get away and when a wicket does fall...we are still in the game. Example: How Dhoni chocked the life out of Hussey and Katich during the 3rd test of the Border Gavaskar trophy in 2008. That session of test match bowling execution was just awesome.
Not too hard if Trott and Cook are batting.
Not too hard if Trott and Cook are batting.
Exactly. They may have patience but it will run out eventually when they try to force the issue. We need to get Strauss early and I would pin my hopes on ZK for doing just that. He could of course take cook out as well. As for Trott...he walks across his stump. Think we need to bowl a bit of a shortish length right into his body on top of off stump. Hurry him into a pull/hook shot. A mixture of short/full balls will help too. He could be a LBW candidate as well...just need 3 fielders on the on side to stop his flicks.
Trott's patience will never run out, no point in waiting. We have to make things happen with him. We need to see his batting in the next test with more assistance for bowlers.
Leggie is a must against England. You can't keep on defending leggies. Hope we pick a better one.
Guest Gunner
Leggie is a must against England. You can't keep on defending leggies. Hope we pick a better one.
Bingo! But we got only mishra :((
Saw his banana swing in one or two matches at IPL which gives some hope. But overall' date=' he was very inconsistent and I am really not sure if he can last the distance in a test match.[/quote'] Yes he was very inconsistent. If he was to be selected for English tour, he would have certainly been given a chance here in the Windies tour. But I don't see him in the side for at least a year and a half unless he comes back with some consistent performance in the Domestic Cricket.
Guest Gunner
Ojha is also an orthodox spinner. So his ball also spins into the right hander from leg' date=' or no?[/quote'] I have as much confidence in Ojha running through a side as I have in Harby. harbhajansingh_wideweb__470x3180.jpg
Guest Gunner
Bhajji is a decent test bowler' date= but not suited for ODIs. We dont have anyone else who can walk into the test side right now.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: That was 3-4 years ago. What is his SR in the last 5 years in test cricket?