Should gurus and babas lead political campaigns?

1983-2011

Guest Gunner

Saala, where is outy, ram and lurker when you need them. They could have added some great insight to this thread.

Arre you follow the rules first boss. Start from your home. Like choli said in another thread when he gets stopped by a cop for speeding violation he hands over his license and pays a fine at the RTO. That is the right attitude. Start doing the right things. Strengthen the election commission's process of vetting candidates' nomination papers. These simple things can go a long way. Don't employ an underage person in your home, pay someone who works for you honest wages and treat them with respect. Try these simple things.
I wont say that I would never pay a bribe because it would affect my time and time in turn means money. I have never been stopped for traffic violation etc. and neither has my driver been stopped when I was traveling in the car. So, that case would not be applicable as of now. But I would not mind paying if its authentic violation as that would not waste my time and would also give the govt. the due. But then I have seen policewalas making fake violations just for the sake of it. So, I would make sure it is an ethical violation and he gives me the challan before I pay. But I never employ underage people. Even my mom has been repeating of employing a kid as a domestic help for small works for many years but I have always opposed it and said I would never allow that because it is illegal as well as unethical. I try to help people in whatever small ways I can and hopefully will do a lot more as I go ahead in life. As of now I try helping a bit in education and giving out books or any help needed in regards to education or computers. But the present political parties are corrupt and votebank based to the core and involved in dirty politics. You cannot take reform Indian politics with these current political parties are they are fully dependent on votebanks and corruption. That is why a political party void of all the present ills must emerge soon.

Even Swami Agnivesh who is a far more credible face of civil society ripping apart into Baba Ramdev and said he called for the police action after his acts. Swami and Kiran Bedi are one of the main aides of Anna in his movement and so it seems the Anna side has also stopped supporting Ramdev now. Interesting. And one of the first persons to react over the police action and sounded disappointed was the RSS spokesperson. Anna and Swami Agnivesh also were disappointed yesterday with Baba over communal angle to his movement which was supposed to be a people's movement. It seems Ramdev's movement has stopped even before it started. BTW Anna's demands at least made some sense. But some of Ramdev's demands are insane and does not make an iota of sense to an educated person. He demanded Rs.500 and Rs.1000 notes to be completely banned. How the feck would that have happened. So, for carrying say just Rs.5000 we would have needed to take a bag instead of a purse. :giggle: Similarly he demanded that the value of rupee be made equivalent to an US dollar. Kuch economy aur padai bhi kar le baba sirf dhongi banke logo ke lutne ke alawa. Make sense at least in what you say. This is the 21st century and not ancient ages. :doh:

Guest Gunner
I wont say that I would never pay a bribe because it would affect my time and time in turn means money. I have never been stopped for traffic violation etc. and neither has my driver been stopped when I was traveling in the car. So, that case would not be applicable as of now. But I would not mind paying if its authentic violation as that would not waste my time and would also give the govt. the due. But then I have seen policewalas making fake violations just for the sake of it. So, I would make sure it is an ethical violation and he gives me the challan before I pay. But I never employ underage people. Even my mom has been repeating of employing a kid as a domestic help for small works for many years but I have always opposed it and said I would never allow that because it is illegal as well as unethical. I try to help people in whatever small ways I can and hopefully will do a lot more as I go ahead in life. As of now I try helping a bit in education and giving out books or any help needed in regards to education or computers. But the present political parties are corrupt and votebank based to the core and involved in dirty politics. You cannot take reform Indian politics with these current political parties are they are fully dependent on votebanks and corruption. That is why a political party void of all the present ills must emerge soon.
I was not talking about you personally sir, I meant the society at large should start following simple rules. The political party won't start on its own, educated people should present themselves as candidates at elections instead of just talking on NDTV we the people.

I guess cracking down on sleeping people is violation of fundamental rights..! Baba Ramdev may be asking for ridiculous demands but he has every right to protest peacefully. Govt has no right to use tear gases on peaceful protest. I think Govt has to pay the price for it in the future. ViruRules, Do you ever sleep?

I think Govt. has played it into Ramdev's hands. The truth is Congress leaders and corporates have a lot of stake on this "black money" issue. Hopefully this will escalate the situation. Ramdev as a person is not important. He can be a mere catalyst. The issue of black money or govt corruption extends much beyond him or Hazare.

That lack of logical reasoning that it is a vicious circle of voting for wrong epeople for short term gains is what I call "stupidity". This is exactly what I mean.
No, if you worry about where your next meal is coming up or how you are going to pay next months rent, who the eff would care about anything bigger, thats not "stupidity" thats "reality", lets not demean the struggles 60-70% of Indians go through everyday. Thats why I said blame the system not the people.

Baba Ramdev's agitation against corruption Surprised to see no discussion going on something which has turned all news channels in Aashtha TV :-). What people think of all his gathering and fast, which was forcibly closed by Govt.? For me his approach seems to be impractical. You can not root out corruption with one fast or one agitation. But, nonetheless, these kind of agitations bring wide-spread corruption to the notice of common public.

His supporters are acting like hooligans now. Live on news channels at 2 A.M. in the night. Showing the true face of his so called "satyagraha" .. kamse kam Bapu ke Satyagraha ka to naam na lete
I don't know about you but I would not like it if police start coming barging into my home in the middle night and shoving me out of my home. Yes they are not Bapu, but at least show the picture from both sides. Were they attacking people and public property ? Were they calling for bandh ? Were they destabilising public life ? Fill me in on these details since I wasn't awake at 2 am

The government has just played into Baba's hands while he was dying his own slow death. Now its no more just about the Baba. This issue of corruption has taken on the public imaginaion in a big big way, and we should not settle for anything less than a systematic and logical solution to it.