England v West Indies 3rd test

King

Extremely poor bowling in the first session by the Windies bowlers. They bowled way too short and all over the place. I can't believe they dropped Powell. England sitting pretty on 100+1. The conditions were overcast, the ball was doing a lot but as ever WI bowlers couldn't penetrate. This shows the difference between say Australia and the rest. This England team was beaten 5-0 by the Aussies and WI cannot even dominate England even for a day of a test match. :confused_smile:

Ian Bell seems to be the unsung hero for England. Does have a penchant to play solid innings when others fail. This bloke Matt Prior looks good too. Though in all frankness a bit of credit must also go to the quality of the West Indies bowling.

ian bell is a very gritty player... i foresee him, pieterson and collingwood to be the backbone of their middle order for a loooooong time... strauss and Cook opening with these 3 to follow does make a pretty formidable lineup.... they jus need to work more on their bowling.... Monty is a nice find.... but they are losing blokes quicker than they find... wat happened to Jones... i dont find Plunkett test quality as yet... Hoggy is the only test quality medium pacer in their side now...

WI probably had their best day of the series today. They have to restrict England to under 350 to get any sort of lead because we all know what their batting is like. Good to see Fidel Castro back though. If they get that chucker Lawson back, they could have quite a fiery opening duo.

Harmison started with his cursory wides. I can't freakin believe he has bowled 10 extras in his first over. Now he gets a wicket. Ganga is a goner. Somehow I can't quite appreciate seeing Donald in English colours. :whatchutalkingabout

That was one long over there by Harmison. Only two balls were anywhere near the batter. Donald looks more tense than Harmison. Just now I heard Atherton of all say cricket is much more than just technique. :shades_smile: