Zaheer and Sreesanth ruled out of the Test series against West Indies

I lurve it, when our fans lose their sh!t like as though the world is ending, over a West Indian tour that no one cares about.. :hysterical: This is obviously a precautionary measure. If anything it is a blessing in disguise. What would you rather prefer? That our two most important players for the England tour skip the inconsequential Windies tour and be fully fit and firing for the English summer (or) they play this series, only to get injured and be ruled out for the subsequent series? They should have probably never made themselves available for the Windies tour in the first place. If anything, I think this news of injury is a belated excuse to right a wrong situation. On the aside, Mithun fully deserves a comeback. Remember, in the Lankan tour of 2009, in the absence of all our frontline quicks, he toiled manfully in oppressive conditions and was partly instrumental in helping us draw the series. Then bizarrely, he got dropped for the South African series and Unadkat was chosen in his place, even though he had done nothing wrong.

PK would be useless in the WI since the ball won't swing.
Each and every time PK has been given the ball, on the flattest of pitches, he has always delivered. Same is true when he plays with the red ball on Indian pitches. Yet people come up with such statements without him bowling a single ball in tests. My prediction, he can be our Asif in tests
Each and every time PK has been given the ball' date=' on the flattest of pitches, he has always delivered. Same is true when he plays with the red ball on Indian pitches. Yet people come up with such statements without him bowling a single ball in tests. My prediction, he can be our Asif in tests[/quote'] Not a great comparison. PK relies on swing while Asif was more about seam movement (like Mcgrath).
Not a great comparison. PK relies on swing while Asif was more about seam movement (like Mcgrath).
One major problem with PK is that once the ball gets old or the ball stops moving around (swinging) he doesn't have much in his armoury and is an easy target for batsmen. English or NZ conditions (the one we saw in 2002-03) are the ideal for PK where ball does something throughout. I am not sure he can be of much help in WI as he can't bowl 8 overs in the first spell when the ball is new and then hide in outfield for rest of the innings in a Test.
Each and every time PK has been given the ball' date=' on the flattest of pitches, he has always delivered. Same is true when he plays with the red ball on Indian pitches. Yet people come up with such statements without him bowling a single ball in tests. [b']My prediction, he can be our Asif in tests
:facepalm:

Not good. I am not sure we can bowl them out on their pattas now. Alot is on Ishants shoulders. Will Mishra and Bhajji do enough...hope so Some people calling for RPS- he has been in worse form even than Mithun in domestic cricket. Mithun has not done much but as Morris says he should never have been dropped after SL tour. That was farcical. Personally I think Pankaj Singh should have been given a shot in the squad. He deserves it and He would not have made the first XI anyway..itll be Munaf and Ish...if we secure the series before the last test- big if now with this bowling lineup...we could see how good he is at test level.

Each and every time PK has been given the ball' date=' on the flattest of pitches, he has always delivered. Same is true when he plays with the red ball on Indian pitches. Yet people come up with such statements without him bowling a single ball in tests. My prediction, he can be our Asif in tests[/quote'] He does well only when ball swings. Look at his ODI record in India which is poor. Aasif is tall and is not relied on swing as much as PK. Aasif is a seam bowler and he gets bounce and Aasif too has proved toothless in unhelpful conditions many a times.
Mithun dooesnt deserve anything' date='he has been interrible form recenly(both in ranji and ipl)[/quote'] You sure? Since his comeback, 21 matches, 34 wickets@24 Now if that doesn't deserve anything, wonder what will. On topic, disappointed with Sree's injury. He has hardly played since the SA tests, didn't play SA ODIs, played 2 matches in the WC, hardly played in the IPL. Looks like he spent the time on bench doing nothing when he should have spent it on getting fitter and stronger. It's good to be talking crap on twitter but high time he practiced some of those things that he writes there. Zaheer should not have been there in the first place, so that's the right decision. Glad to see Mithun and PK being picked. Both should have been picked for the SA tour as well but we went with two complete rookies. Good to see the mistake being corrected. But, as many have said, both of them could be on bench during the tests with Ishant and Munna looking like our 2 pacers alongside Mishra and Bhajji.
On topic, disappointed with Sree's injury. He has hardly played since the SA tests, didn't play SA ODIs, played 2 matches in the WC, hardly played in the IPL. Looks like he spent the time on bench doing nothing when he should have spent it on getting fitter and stronger. It's good to be talking crap on twitter but high time he practiced some of those things that he writes there. .
The mob are out in full force today:--D So you are saying that sree the poor chap getting injured(frankly fast bowlers world over get injured regurlalry)is related to him posting stuff on Twitter?
The mob are out in full force today:--D So you are saying that sree the poor chap getting injured(frankly fast bowlers world over get injured regurlalry)is related to him posting stuff on Twitter?
All I am saying is its good to preach on twitter, harder to practice some of those what you preach. He obviously hasnlt taken care of his fitness. For someone who has hardly played any cricket and who is perhaps at the peak age as a bowler, its baffling to see Sreesanth being injured so often. He's played 10 tests and 12 ODIs in last 3 years. has been out injured most of the times. For someone with so much ability and the potential to be a wonderful bowler, it is frustrating at times.
All I am saying is its good to preach on twitter, harder to practice some of those what you preach. He obviously hasnlt taken care of his fitness. For someone who has hardly played any cricket and who is perhaps at the peak age as a bowler, its baffling to see Sreesanth being injured so often. He's played 10 tests and 12 ODIs in last 3 years. has been out injured most of the times. For someone with so much ability and the potential to be a wonderful bowler, it is frustrating at times.
Dude, at the outset let me just say how much I enjoy reading your posts. True to your nick, your posts are like whiff of fresh air amidst a cauldron of mass hysteria and jingoism. :nice: Coming back to Sree – go a little easy on him. I don’t think he’s injured at all. This ‘injury’ is probably only an excuse to leave Zak and Sree out for the Windies series. The selectors/coach must have realized belatedly that there was absolutely nothing to gain, but a lot to lose, from including them for the Windies tour. The best outcome for us would be a win against Windies, which we are perfectly capable of accomplishing without both Sree and Zak. But imagine what the flip-side could be – what if one, or worse, both got injured during the tour? That will be a body blow to our chances in England. We may not have taken the ideal route along the way, but we have reached the correct destination nevertheless.
Guest Gunner

I am not worried at all, our "emotional leader" harby will take 40 out of the 60 wickets at a SR of 10. I am absolutely sure that the team man will come through now that we need him the most. JAZBA!!! JUNOON!!! JOSH!!!