Such a Contrast...

When the wife's away, I love to revert to being my old self. I log in to ICF, and then put a nice Indian cricket DVD on... This summer, I bought the 1(duckworth/lewis)-4 Pak v Ind ODI series, but didn't watch it. Even when the series was on in March, I only saw little scraps of highlights... I put it on to watch it for the first time, and we were awesome. Yuvraj (it's going to be a huge loss if he doesn't make it to the carribean), Dhoni, Sachin, Dravid, Raina, Pathan, Sreesanth, RP Singh, were all in fantastic form. I remember the England series after (which I did watch), but that was just England, who are crap anyway. To perform like that against Pakistan in 5 consecutive matches is breathtaking to say the least... After watching Irfan at number 3, pulverising Umar Gul for 21 off an over, and seeing a performance enhanced Asif getting brutal treatment from Yuvraj and Dhoni, I have to ask, what's gone wrong now? We were unstoppable from the start of last year's ODI series v Sri Lanka. It was like I was pinching myself during that period, where we just battered everyone. It's the same personnel, so why the dodgy results?...

Re: Such a Contrast... Anu_D Mode ON momentum from ganguly era...now that momentum is lost..and we are abck to usual self.. Anu_D Mide OFF i believe its the poor form of indian batsmen that we are seeing these losses...infact our bowling has been pretty decent....against all the teams... its out batting which has let us down...Dravid...sehwag..Dhoni..Sachin..Yuvi..RAINA..all hare out of form... now that Dravid is back in form...and we expect sachin to sort himself sooner than later...the match result will depend a lot of sehwag, Raina/Kaif and Dhoni. we need atleast one batsman from these three to fire in every match... inshaallah...:-) we will see some positive results..

Re: Such a Contrast...

COB ... I too will be joining the club .... getting married in December .... hoping to strike a deal which allows me a lil more time to watch cricket!!!
Congratulations man, I can say there are a lot of good sides and bad sides, it's not as easy as it looks to make the transition from single male to married man. Everything you do, you need to consider your wife's feelings, it can be hard work. I'm not banned from following cricket or anything, but I just have so much stuff to do now, that I rarely get a chance to keep up with it...