All Time Pre-WWII XI

I thought this would be an interesting excercise...this is my all time pre-WWII team:
  1. Jack Hobbs
  2. Herbert Sutcliffe
  3. Don Bradman
  4. George Headley
  5. Wally Hammond
  6. Victor Trumper
  7. Les Ames
  8. Harold Larwood
  9. Fred Spofforth
  10. Bill O'Reilly
  11. Sydney Barnes

12th man: Ranji What is yours?

Darn man thats a mighty XI..impossible to top it really. Here is my XI: Jack Hobbs Herbert Sutcliff Bradman George Headley Wally Hammond Aubrey Faulkner Wally Grout(wk) Larwood Demon Spofforth Syd Barnes Clarrie Grimett. XII man Learie Constantine. xxx
WG Grace was well past his prime when Tests started. Otherwise' date=' he would undoubtedly be in there. It was a tough choice between Trumper and Ranji and I could go either way really.[/quote'] Doesnt matter if he was past his prime or not- almost all players in the pre-WWII era formed their careers on the back of their FC standing and not test standings- in many series players preffered playing FC cricket over Tests. So Grace is a shoo-in. Grace was the best player of the pre-WWII era by a light year. He cannot be overlooked. Trumper and Ranji is not even remotely a close thing- Trumper was the Carl Hooper of his era - looked majetic while batting and sometimes essayed majestic knocks on terrible pitches like Hooper did but overall, was far more style than substance.