Bollywood trivia/gossip/talk

Sir john

No more 'raas leela' in the film Ready

Following PIL against the Salman-starrer for 'Character Dheela' song, the controversial words might be removed from other formats of the film A still from the movie 'Ready' A still from the movie 'Ready' Spread the word Ready's popular song Character Dheela, performed by Salman Khan and Zarine Khan in the film, has ran into trouble. Soon after the movie's release, Allahabad High Court admitted a PIL for a stay on the public exhibition of the film. Reportedly, Ashok Pandey, a local lawyer and Chairman of Hindu Personal Law Board, and its secretary Vinod Mishra, have raised objections to the song. The petitioners' claim that having the words 'raas leela' in the lyrics is indecent and an attack on Hinduism. Apparently, not only are they demanding the deletion of the words in the satellite telecast and home video formats, but are also seeking a direction to cancel certification of the film that opened about two weeks back. Demeaning God? An industry insider explains, "Their complaint is that the words 'raas leela' are commonly linked to Lord Krishna. And therefore, the song is derogatory and demeans the God. As the PIL was filed after the film's release, they now want the objectionable words to be removed from the satellite and home video formats." The song in question has been sung by Neeraj Shridhar and written by Amitabh Bhattacharya. Salman Khan, director Anees Bazmee, Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) and Secretary Information and Broadcasting have been made respondents in the petition. Our source further revealed that one Jitendra Pratap Singh, a member of the examining committee that cleared Ready, has been asked to represent the Censor Board in this case. Considering Salman Vinod Bhanushali, President, Marketing and Promotions, T-Series, which produced and holds the home video rights of the film says, "The lyricist wrote the song keeping the situation in mind. He conceived the number considering Salman's character in the film. So how does Lord Krishna come into the picture here?" Conceding that everyone has the right to express their views, Bhanushali asserts that his company wouldn't do anything that would hurt religious sentiments as they bring out the highest number of religious albums in the country. "We're not trying to depict Salman as Lord Krishna with gopis around him," he reiterated. He also points out other examples like the word 'Teli' in the line being beeped from the song Dan Ta Nan song from Kaminey and 'Barber' dropped by Shah Rukh Khan to re-title his film as Billu in the past.

Name the Movie z-Mzbk-BJvM If others know the answer, plz "spoiler it" and i am sure Mariyam wont see it unless she already knows the answer Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Pretty hard. I tried googling for 10-15 minutes. Checked first 10 or so movies of Shabana Azmi - still can't get it. Btw - the clip is classical ultra-slow scene typical of oldies.
@gkhamba Aishwarya Rai is pregnant. Expect your BBM to be flooded with "How did she get pregnant? No Idea" jokes. :laugh:
Top class. :nice: We can have a separate thread for this new series of - no idea - :)

Pretty hard. I tried googling for 10-15 minutes. Checked first 10 or so movies of Shabana Azmi - still can't get it. Btw - the clip is classical ultra-slow scene typical of oldies.
Google and IMDB? whats the point of the quiz then

Google and IMDB? whats the point of the quiz then
That is other way of saying - I am sure I have not watched or read about this movie/scene. btw, i quick checked wiki only, there is hardly any information on old movies. p.s. don't think finding everything is easy on google :).

Salman congratulates Ash on her pregnancy

Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has congratulated former girlfriend Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and her husband Abhishek, who are expecting their first child. "I would like to congratulate Abhishek and Aishwarya. I hope they make a cricket team," Salman told reporters here at an event to launch a Blackberry application. "I am happy for the Dadaji (Amitabh)," he said. Aishwarya began dating Salman in 1999 and the 'Dabangg' star had reportedly abused her. The couple then officially separated in 2002. On Tuesday night, Abhishek's father Amitabh announced the pregnancy news on micro-blogging site Twitter.
:haha::cleveland::haha:

Philosophy (in context with the news of Aishwarya's) : There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen (e.g. Aishwarya), those who Tell (or tweet!!) what happend (e.g. Amitabh) and those who wonder what happened (or may be- 'How can it happen?'... e.g. Abhishek)

@ Rajiv I think I know the movie. It features Amitabh Bachcan also. I've seen bits and pieces of this movie.He buys a flat on the 28th floor of a skyscraper only to later find out that it doesn't have running water or electricity. Every time he wants to go to the toilet, he has to take the stairs all the way down and draw water from the well.Annoyed, he then, in cahoots with his journalist friend Shabana Azmi takes on the Builder-Politician nexus. But to no avail. On a date with Ms Azmi, he has road side chaat at Worli naka and contracts diarrhea. Appalled at the prospect of constantly going down to fetch water multiple times a day, he climbs on to the terrace of the building and commits suicide. Twas a once in a life time script.:hatsoff: :dance: If I'm wrong... :whack: you should ask mid 90s to 2000s centric questions and not some obscure stuff from the early 80s. All this Shabana Azmi stuff is waaaaay before my time. :icflove:

Main hoon Azad

If I'm right...