Maninder Singh Attempts Suicide

Former India cricketer Maninder Singh attempted suicide late on Friday night. Maninder, who was recently arrested in a drug case, has been admitted to Shanti Mukund Hospital and is undergoing operation. The former cricketer and TV commentator was arrested on May 22 for possessing 1.5 grams of cocaine near his East Delhi flat in Preet Vihar when he was about to abscond to Mumbai to stay at the Wankhede stadium. He later admitted that the coke was for his own consumption, and that he had consumed drugs for the first time 10 years ago. Maninder had been a regular drug abuser of late due to personal turmoil, and was planning to get away to Mumbai to destress himself. He, however, refused that he was addicted and also denied that the cocaine was recovered from him. Maninder was released on bail a day after his arrest. SOURCE

and the public humiliation of being exposed to the people.. Its a dangerous game being a celebrity ! I know this is totally irrelevant.. But the way Sachin has handled himself over the last 18 years has been outstanding..

Poor Maninder. I've met the guy a few times ( long long time ago, 96 world cup) and he was a thorough gentleman- soft spoken, very friendly and a very thoughtful guy. Sad to hear of his low phase- hope he pulls through this. He and Siva are our 'lost generation' of spinners for some unknown reason.

soon you will add bhaji to that list.
I wouldnt exactly call Bhajji a lost cause. He maynot attain greatness but i think bhajji has done enough to be bracketed with the 2nd tier of spinners in history (ie, below the alltime great zone). He'd be in the same group as Iqbal Qasim, Venkat, Saqlain, Tauseef Ahmed, Tony Lock, etc. bracket. Siva and Manny did literally nothing with their careers.
what an idiot. no repect for life. dont feel sorry for guys like him.
That is the typical Indian mindset- without knowing the problems of the guy or the exact issues just blame a person. Clinical depression is a sickness but the more fortunate just ignore it in India and start blaming rather than helping such patients