Sachin Tendulkar or Vivian Richards?

This is actually tougher to sell than Comparison with Bradman. I never saw Bradman play, but I have seen the King at work and I have to say there is none like him. He probably had the best eye of all the batsmen I have seen and could just plant his front foot down and play wherever he wanted. Not to mention that he scored when it mattered the most at brisk pace. I won't he even talk of his swagger, would make fast bowlers shake in their boots. This is one batsman I would put ahead of everyone including Goddy.

So Richards is better than Sachin because he could plonk his front foot down and play wherever he wanted? I Say Sachin is better than Viv because he could plonk both his front and back foot in various different directions on the pitch and get the ball wherever he wanted including behind and over the wicketkeeper. :beee:

I like the way how Richard picks up his game in important matches. He was avg'ing close to 60 in his best years and we know the manner in which he plays .... I would degress to ODIs for a moment where in 1975, he effected a few run outs with probably direct hits to change the game for WI and ofc in 1979 he hit that 100. In 19983, he was all set to guide WI home but for that memorable catch by Kapil .... If I am not wrong there was also a game at Rajkot which Ind was set to win but Richards hit some 7 sixes to seal the game for WI. He hit a 100 in one of the tests to give WI the win. If I am not wrong, Ind later won the last test because of Hirwani to tie the series

I like the way how Richard picks up his game in important matches. He was avg'ing close to 60 in his best years and we know the manner in which he plays .... I would degress to ODIs for a moment where in 1975' date=' he effected a few run outs with probably direct hits to change the game for WI and ofc in 1979 he hit that 100. In 19983, he was all set to guide WI home but for that memorable catch by Kapil .... If I am not wrong there was also a game at Rajkot which Ind was set to win but Richards hit some 7 sixes to seal the game for WI. He hit a 100 in one of the tests to give WI the win. If I am not wrong, Ind later won the last test because of Hirwani to tie the series[/quote'] Yup. Viv had great knack of scoring when it mattered the most especially in 2nd innings

Based on cricketing sensibilities which were the great bowling attacks that Sir Viv Richards faced in his cricketing career? Would you consider bowling attacks of India, New Zealand, England, Australia and Pakistan as world class? I was born after his time so I have no clue... Only thing I know is Richards teams had the fastest and meanest bowlers during that period :hmmm:

Richards was the original master blaster who played without helmet and fear unlike modern day greats. The greatest cricketer of all time' date=' Imran Khan played against both and rates Ricahrds ahead of all[/quote'] Having bowled against 16 years old Sachin in his debut series, Imran has really seen a great deal of Sachin as a co-player. Isn't it? Not discounting Imran's views in general, but can't take his views as a person who played with Sachin.

Also worth adding that although Viv did face the fastest and meanest bowlers head on, a 16 year old Sachin also faced quick bowlers with flimsy helmets without a proper grill. I think everyone's seen this: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMG1PaR4Vy4]YouTube - ‪Sachin tandulkar first interview‬‏[/ame] "No, I won't have any trouble facing Malcolm Marshall"... But yeah, Viv had a whole heap of **** going against him and had to endure more mental tests than Sachin. It used to be a very raw and ugly game.

And oh yes... Talking about helmets and all that... Sachin did bat inspite of a bloody nose in his debut test against Pakistan... he didnt retire and un-retire unlike our so called neighbouring lions :beee: "who suddenly after playing 1 test realize they are unfit to play at that level"

Based on cricketing sensibilities which were the great bowling attacks that Sir Viv Richards faced in his cricketing career? Would you consider bowling attacks of India, New Zealand, England, Australia and Pakistan as world class? I was born after his time so I have no clue... Only thing I know is Richards teams had the fastest and meanest bowlers during that period :hmmm:
Actually I would consider England and Australia' attack as very good in late 70s and early 80s. Sure West Indies had the best attack though. If we are going to go on what cabe classed world class then modern day cricket and Sachin' case gets weaker since we have had only two quality bowling attacks during Sachin's time considering India hardly faced Pakistan, West Indies in 90s and he didn't exactly pulverise the south Africans. So let's not go down the route of what constitutes world class. Not to forget Packer series which is generally regarded by the cricketers and writers as the toughest form of cricket in testing conditions, Viv hammered the attacks including some of his own As for Imran opinion, it is not just his. Many cricketers share it and if you ask Sachin he might also say this. IIRC Viv was his role model.
Richards was the original master blaster who played without helmet and fear unlike modern day greats. The greatest cricketer of all time' date='[b'] Imran Khan played against both and rates Ricahrds ahead of all
Imran retired when Sachin was just eighteen.... He was used to getting hammered by Richards....What else do u expect from him Even your probable source says" Imran Khan and noted writer John Birmingham are of the opinion that Richards was the best ever batsman against genuine fast bowling " Tendulakar will allways remain No. 1. Richards no. 2.. and only after that any one with any knowledge of cricket wil consider white dudes...