Sachin Tendulkar or Vivian Richards?

By that token do you also beleive J Rawling to be a better writer than Shakespeare?? Just curious
Comparing rowling with shakesphere is not justified because one wrote dramas and the other Kids novels,bring up some one equivalent of Shakesphere or Rawling seperatley and then maybe I can make a case
Wrong. There are literally hundreds of books and accounts of Bradman's batting. I know' date=' it's not fashionable for the modern generation to indulge in reading beyond what can be conveniently googled but perhaps it might be worth the effort if you are interested in understanding and learning about the history of the game and a lot of it's great players beyond what stats guru and some 500 word 'articles' and 'blogs' provide.[/quote'] I must confess that I havent read any books on Bradman. But I will state a personal opinion that SRT has achieved so much that its impossible to conclusively hold any batsman better than him who played in any era in cricket The problem why arguments supporting SRT look silly sometimes is that the starting point for most of the debates is that DGB is the best batsman ever and the burden of proof is on SRT supporters to prove that he isnt. If we started from a similar premise that SRT is the greatest batsman ever and transfer the burden of proof to DGB supporters to plead his case, I am sure arguments would even be sillier because there would be very less information about DGB to debate on.
Comparing rowling with shakesphere is not justified because one wrote dramas and the other Kids novels' date='bring up some one equivalent of Shakesphere or Rawling seperatley and then maybe I can make a case[/quote'] 1) You must be the first person who understands English and didnt get ticked off by Rawling being compared with the greatest exponent of English writing. 2) If you are loathed to compare rawling and shakespeare why are you so interested in comparing SRT wth Don? Clearly they played different versions of cricket, in different era, in different scenario and for different reasons altogether.
If that formed the basis of your analysis there are as many if not more blogs,books and articles about SRT'S greatness including quotes from present and current year greats. Instead of footage I am assuming you have probably seen him play live for most part of his career So Now can we conclude why Sachin is the greatest
Apolgies sg I was trying to reply to outsiders post
1) You must be the first person who understands English and didnt get ticked off by Rawling being compared with the greatest exponent of English writing. 2) If you are loathed to compare rawling and shakespeare why are you so interested in comparing SRT wth Don? Clearly they played different versions of cricket, in different era, in different scenario and for different reasons altogether.
I kinda know where you are going with this analogy let me put across my question for you if someone asks you what the best educational institute is? Would you say nalanda and takshashila based on what you read by historians or would you say something that is relevant and proven today
Knowing Lurker he would go for a Madrassa from 7th century over MIT or Valmiki's GuruKul over Cambridge ... :hysterical: :hysterical: why ? The older the better. You cant argue with such headless trolls.
Bhai Zakir Naik saab, Cambridge ka ullek aapne muhn se? La-haul-vila kuwat!! Amma miyaan Cambridge to 1209 mein bana tha, aap to 1950 se muhn choora rahe ho. Issiliye ek baar samjhaaya tha ke garmi mein bhi roza na rakhein janaab..deemag satak jaata hai :angelic:
I kinda know where you are going with this analogy let me put across my question for you if someone asks you what the best educational institute is? Would you say nalanda and takshashila based on what you read by historians or would you say something that is relevant and proven today
Dude, Nalanda and Takshila comparison would be relevant if they were all atleast in the same century. You are suddenly talking of ancient history now. Whats next? Pushpak Vimaan was better than F-16? Good to hear SRT bhaktjan have lost the plot :haha:

I doubt they had any plot in place in the first place except jingoism and stuff like 'I used to switch off my tv', 'pressure of billion fans', and so on .... Then they use stats as if srt has hit like 35- 40 hundreds and 11000-12000 runs in 100 tests

Dude, Nalanda and Takshila comparison would be relevant if they were all atleast in the same century. You are suddenly talking of ancient history now. Whats next? Pushpak Vimaan was better than F-16? Good to hear SRT bhaktjan have lost the plot :haha:
So J.K.Rawling and Shakesphere were in the same century????You guys have been putting a spin on every valid arguement that I am trying to make....Now who lost the plot here???
I doubt they had any plot in place in the first place except jingoism and stuff like 'I used to switch off my tv'' date=' 'pressure of billion fans', and so on .... [b']Then they use stats as if srt has hit like 35- 40 hundreds and 11000-12000 runs in 100 tests
I am sorry that we used lame stats like Sachin's hundreds and Runs ..:hysterical: to prove his legacy
So J.K.Rawling and Shakesphere were in the same century????You guys have been putting a spin on every valid arguement that I am trying to make....Now who lost the plot here???
valid arguments, snap out of it dude. My question about Shakespeare and Rawling emanated from the fact that you said, and I quote, "If that formed the basis of your analysis there are as many if not more blogs,books and articles about SRT'S greatness including quotes from present and current year greats. Instead of footage I am assuming you have probably seen him play live for most part of his career". You can expand that logic and knowing the penchant of harry Potter fans you would easily find enoug blogs, articles and what have you to prove Rawling is better, and more popular than Shakespeare. Of course it would be moronic, in my opinin, to think Rawling is fit to be mentioned in same line as the Bard. Hope that helps. Now help me understand where does Nalanda come into discussion..And dont lose plot again.
valid arguments, snap out of it dude. My question about Shakespeare and Rawling emanated from the fact that you said, and I quote, "If that formed the basis of your analysis there are as many if not more blogs,books and articles about SRT'S greatness including quotes from present and current year greats. Instead of footage I am assuming you have probably seen him play live for most part of his career". You can expand that logic and knowing the penchant of harry Potter fans you would easily find enoug blogs, articles and what have you to prove Rawling is better, and more popular than Shakespeare. Of course it would be moronic, in my opinin, to think Rawling is fit to be mentioned in same line as the Bard. Hope that helps. Now help me understand where does Nalanda come into discussion..And dont lose plot again.
Ok,Let me expand on what I said 1)The reason I said what I said was because Bradman supporters were defending him based on what they read or saw in archived footage where as most of Sachin's fans or for the matter of fact most Indian cricket fans base their theory on what they saw live.All I said was if books,blogs etc were the benchmark for determining a players credibility than Sachin is not far behind infact probably the articles,blogs etc will outweigh Bradman. I hope this clears the context of what I said Going back to your analogy about rawling and shakesphere it is not applicable as apart from both being writers in English they have nothing in common. I am not an english literarture guy but if you bring up Shakesphere and compare him with a guy in the modern era whose dramas and plays have had a similar impact,may be one can have a better argument by comparing their writing style etc etc or whaterver the barometer for measuring literary skills are... Even for this one has to make sure both parties read works of both the playwrights to have a meaningful debate. Similarly,people can debate Bradman was greater if they had seen the circumstances situations and all other factors effecting his performance.Going back to my above example if one of the debater reads a blog or a book about shakesphere and argues he is greater, he will get owned no matter whom he is being compared to. Going by how the game has evolved there is no questioning Bradman's place in history for what he acheived among his contempararies but seeing where and how the game stands today in terms of skills,athleticism and various other factors there is no doubt Sachin is greater. Going back to Nalanda....it was just a retort to your analogy
So you will decide what I need and what I do not...> Free Advice: Worry about yourself first and then think of others!!!!!! P.S. I have never seen Ashoka the emperor. Yet there are many reasons I feel he was (very probably)the greatest ruler(i.e. policy maker) of India... better than everyone I have photos/videos for in the modern times :icflove:
No I did not. I gave a free advice only because you tell me what I need to do. (Your post was asking me to give you one!!!) Off course, Your r free to take whatever u want to take and do whatever you want to do with ur life..>> It was only an advice and not an effing statement such as You need to be subjected to "blah blah blah"...
I, initially thought that dog bit your ear on your way to work, so i did tried to cool you down .. .. PS: If you humped so much at term Tendulkarisation, Ask your mate to call 911 now. Cardiac arrest is on its way :hysteric:
With all due respect, Azharuddin's Nana watched all his games in domestic cricket in Hyderabad. He was also suggested to be born for greatness and did indeed carry Indian batting for a while. That doesnt make Azhar the greatest bat ever.
What's your point here? That making right or wrong predictions is all the same. Thank you the enlightened one!
Sure those who think Viv > SRT are biased against SRT. But you arent biased, even though you admit you have been watching SRT since Kingdom come. Yep. Got it. xxx
What's the co-relation of watching SRT play for long and being biased? :doh: Given SRT's body of work he is better batsman than Viv. Even if you talk pure batting technique/competency SRT is ahead of Viv. You got any problem with that?