Sachin Tendulkar or Vivian Richards?

Jeez' date=' you had a stab at Dhyanchand too? Darn man even SRT would hit you with his 6 pound bat..[/quote'] No, he said that Dhyanchand is the greatest ever hockey player but if someone calls Bradman the greatest he asks 'Did you watch him play'. When I pointed out the associated hypocrisy, he backtracked and said that what he had written about Dhyanchand being the greatest was actually taken from somewhere on the internet and are not his views - I am still awaiting the imaginary source or at least asking him to admit Shahbaz Ahmed is greater than Dhayanchand. The problem with fan boyism is that inconsistencies pop out every so often like apne BB sahab who said there really isn't much to choose between Sobers' batting and bowling.:hysterical:
bhai saheb' date=' I was just curious to know how can people claim that a particular player was/is the best ever in a sport when they haven't even watched him. That all :icflove:[/quote'] If you don't have a problem doing it for Dhyanchand why do you have such an issue if I choose Bradman?
If you don't have a problem doing it for Dhyanchand why do you have such an issue if I choose Bradman?
I never said that Dhyaanchand was the greatest hockey playey. I just quoted it from the internet that he was regarded as the best player ever :dontknow: while you (and many others) are rating Bramdan as the greatest player ever.
No, he said that Dhyanchand is the greatest ever hockey player but if someone calls Bradman the greatest he asks 'Did you watch him play'. When I pointed out the associated hypocrisy, he backtracked and said that what he had written about Dhyanchand being the greatest was actually taken from somewhere on the internet and are not his views - I am still awaiting the imaginary source or at least asking him to admit Shahbaz Ahmed is greater than Dhayanchand. The problem with fan boyism is that inconsistencies pop out every so often like apne BB sahab who said there really isn't much to choose between Sobers' batting and bowling.:hysterical:
Tell me that isnt true :((
Latest in sophistry - wins and losses matter more today than in the 30s and 40s. :hysterical: Think it's time to give an addition point to Rameez over Hammond!
You mean to tell me that Cricket was competed with the same level of intensity back in the day...cmo'n don't twist my words for agrument sake.....what is more appreciated a 200 in a boring dull draw where everyone batsman makes merry that no one really cares about or a fighting 100 in a losing cause in a ODI game where draw is not an option.
No, he said that Dhyanchand is the greatest ever hockey player but if someone calls Bradman the greatest he asks 'Did you watch him play'. When I pointed out the associated hypocrisy, he backtracked and said that what he had written about Dhyanchand being the greatest was actually taken from somewhere on the internet and are not his views - I am still awaiting the imaginary source or at least asking him to admit Shahbaz Ahmed is greater than Dhayanchand.
Okay now that makes sense. Although Shahbaz Ahmed was a great player too. Awesome actually. But no Dhyanchand.:dance:
The problem with fan boyism is that inconsistencies pop out every so often like apne BB sahab who said there really isn't much to choose between Sobers' batting and bowling.:hysterical:
And that would make perfect sense actually. I dont put it past BB to claim Sobers batting and bowling were the same.
You mean to tell me that Cricket was competed with the same level of intensity back in the day...cmo'n don't twist my words for agrument sake.....what is more appreciated a 200 in a boring dull draw where everyone batsman makes merry that no one really cares about or a fighting 100 in a losing cause in a ODI game where draw is not an option.
Yeah, dude ODIs rule - test cricket is for pansies specially the type played by Bradman, Sobers, and Richards.
This feels like watching some cartoon :hysterical:
Average does not tell you everything...even Dhoni and Bevan have amazing averages...Being notout can boost your average...Once again I am not putting down Don's contribution or showing him as a talentless,fluky cricketer...We all need to understand and respect his contribution but Sachin is keeping in mind the circumstances that have been mentioned in countless posts by a lot of people,We can safely conclude Sachin is greater.
Average does not tell you everything...even Dhoni and Bevan have amazing averages...Being notout can boost your average...Once again I am not putting down Don's contribution or showing him as a talentless' date=fluky cricketer...We all need to understand and respect his contribution but Sachin is keeping in mind the circumstances that have been mentioned in countless posts by a lot of people,We can safely conclude Sachin is greater.
Bradman's high average is boosted by not outs - this is Comedy Central right here Jon Stewart. :hysterical:
Yeah' date=' dude ODIs rule - test cricket is for pansies specially the type played by Bradman, Sobers, and Richards.[/quote'] Thanks for bringing back to the point I mentioned and I quoted as to why Sachin was greater. Will you mention Sobers and Bradman as a benchmark while comparing them with Sachin in ODI's...Pls don't come up with the silly argument that they never got to play ODI's etc but we mention Sachin in their league when we talk about tests which means Sachin has had more to prove and he excelled in every aspect of the evolving game. I don't know why this aspect is so hard to digest for the anti-Srt brigade
Average does not tell you everything...even Dhoni and Bevan have amazing averages...Being notout can boost your average...Once again I am not putting down Don's contribution or showing him as a talentless' date='fluky cricketer...We all need to understand and respect his contribution but Sachin is keeping in mind the circumstances that have been mentioned in countless posts by a lot of people,We can safely conclude Sachin is greater[/quote'] Ok let's summarize your points: * Sachin was an one man army in 90s * Sachins 99 inernational 100s in various formats are greater than/equal to Don's test avg of 100 * Dhoni and Bevan have amazing avg in ODIs and we are suppose to judge them as test batsmen * Scoring a 100 for a losing cause in an ODI > scoring a double 100 in a draw in test * Based on points mentioned in various posts (like the ones above), we can safely conclude that Sachin is greater :hysterical: PS another point * No one will uuse Don and Sobers as benchmarks in ODIs, while Sachin is a benchmark for many in ODIs
Thanks for bringing back to the point I mentioned and I quoted as to why Sachin was greater. Will you mention Sobers and Bradman as a benchmark while comparing them with Sachin in ODI's...Pls don't come up with the silly argument that they never got to play ODI's etc but we mention Sachin in their league when we talk about tests which means Sachin has had more to prove and he excelled in every aspect of the evolving game. I don't know why this aspect is so hard to digest for the anti-Srt brigade
Yeah dude, spot on! How silly of the supposed anti-SRT brigade to point out that Bradman and Sobers did not play ODIs because there were no ODIs. Actually, Sobers did play one and made a duck, so there you go.
Bradman's high average is boosted by not outs - this is Comedy Central right here Jon Stewart. :hysterical:
Why do you quote me out of context to put a different spin to what I was saying...I am saying that averages in general are not the benchmark to measure a player...Where Am I discrediting's Bradman's acheivements...I did mention in my previous posts and also had a debate with BB as to why his legacy needs to be respected. All I am saying is the number of 100's scored is a better benchmark to know a player's valye...Once again I said better not the only...to measure a player's legacy. This is definetely like John Stewart...bcoz at times they do put a spin on things to push their own liberal agenda.

This is what Sachin said on the question of uncovered wickets ""It would have been great to play in this dream team, to walk out with Bradman after lunch, or build a partnership with Viv Richards, and talk to Sobers about cricket," Tendulkar told ESPNcricinfo. "Just playing and having a conversation with them about cricket. I would liked to have asked Hobbs and Hutton what it was like to play on uncovered wickets, who were the best bowlers they had faced, and of course, the mental aspect of the game." Clearly he is naive

Nope cant be othered. You feel free to keep running to Statsguru. I am fine with factual mistakes with 2-3 run differential. Even if Hooper scored in mid to high 30s, as you looked up, he would hardly be considered a great batting support for Lara. His numbers are not exactly different to Mike Gattings of this world...never heard him as world beaters. But sure feel free to keep cheering fanboy.
My apologies if I offended you but I am against people who try to mislead the debate by giving wrong facts.
Why do you quote me out of context to put a different spin to what I was saying...I am saying that averages in general are not the benchmark to measure a player...Where Am I discrediting's Bradman's acheivements...I did mention in my previous posts and also had a debate with BB as to why his legacy needs to be respected. All I am saying is the number of 100's scored is a better benchmark to know a player's valye...Once again I said better not the only...to measure a player's legacy. This is definetely like John Stewart...bcoz at times they do put a spin on things to push their own liberal agenda.
My bad, dude. Perhaps I should be able to see the correlation between average boosting with not outs of number 5/6 batsmen in a 50 over game, with a number 3 batsman's average in a test match. :confused:
This is what Sachin said on the question of uncovered wickets ""It would have been great to play in this dream team, to walk out with Bradman after lunch, or build a partnership with Viv Richards, and talk to Sobers about cricket," Tendulkar told ESPNcricinfo. "Just playing and having a conversation with them about cricket. I would liked to have asked Hobbs and Hutton what it was like to play on uncovered wickets, who were the best bowlers they had faced, and of course, the mental aspect of the game." Clearly he is naive
Yep he is naive..and dolt. SRT's fans are also his biggest drawbacks. If they can generate so much hatred from fellow Indians can you imagine how non-Indians would feel? I bet that(hatred from non-Indians) might actually make them feel as if they are doing something good. That seems to be the prevalent trend these days anyways!