Sachin Tendulkar or Vivian Richards?

the facts getting a bit too uncomfortable even for you to ignore ehh ? :laugh:
Nope..Your posts have me laughing all day, more so since your sources of "facts" are some sites that only you seem to know of...reminds me of the conversation of Walliullah and the weird website you would use as references...I bet all of them are gone by now lol. Do you sit every evening and browse all the websites that noone else seems to visit? Serious question.:secret:
So are we now back to debating maturely or is this just a temporary lull and you will be back to your usual self given the track record of your wild mood swings ?
Mature debates don't encompass calling someone with a batting average of 58 and bowling average of 35, as a better bowler. Mature debates don't encompass someone averaging 50+ in a time where only 4 batsmen managed it at the best strike rate as mediocre. Such statements are called trolling, which you are very proficient at.
I'll try to find the source once you tell me how you can "judge" a player you haven't even seen in action.
Have already answered in great detail in the long Bradman thread. Go and read it. Now, can we have that elusive 'source' you claimed to have quoted for and also an answer to who is greater Dhyanchand or Shahbaz?
Have already answered in great detail in the long Bradman thread. Go and read it. Now, can we have that elusive 'source' you claimed to have quoted for and also an answer to who is greater Dhyanchand or Shahbaz?
Where does Kalimullah rank? And was he better than Salimullah? And who would make it to Indian XI between Pargat Singh and MP Singh?:nervous:

The only time probably people here saw Bradman play was in the Bodyline TV serial on DD in the mid-late 80's,Apart from that and a few conviniently and well-produced videos the only basis they have to prove Don was greater was stats. I have started folowwing Cricket with full understanding from 91,even though I still have some vague memories of the 87 wc.I have seen the circumstances,opposition and the conditions that Sachin has played in and I can clearly conclude and quote examples as to why he is the best.I also have stats to back my arguments. May be some of the posters here are posting from an old age home in sydney who watched Bradman's glory days in the 30's and 40's...My reply to you is you sirs have lost your sanity.

that is what I've been asking for a looooong time :--D
I dont believe in dissing greats of the game to win arguments, but yes, the conviction of the arguments backing Bradman does make me wonder about the source of information. Surely the primary source behind any such analysis would solely be match scorecards and his average, right?
I dont believe in dissing greats of the game to win arguments' date=' but yes, the conviction of the arguments backing Bradman does make me wonder about the source of information. Surely the primary source behind any such analysis would solely be match scorecards and his average, right?[/quote'] Wrong. There are literally hundreds of books and accounts of Bradman's batting. I know, it's not fashionable for the modern generation to indulge in reading beyond what can be conveniently googled but perhaps it might be worth the effort if you are interested in understanding and learning about the history of the game and a lot of it's great players beyond what stats guru and some 500 word 'articles' and 'blogs' provide.
I dont believe in dissing greats of the game to win arguments' date=' but yes the conviction of the arguments backing Bradman does make me wonder the source of information. [b']Surely the primary source behind any such analysis would solely be match scorecards and his average, right?
Yup. Also match reports, newspaper articles, books on cricket and the stories of those days which have passed on from one generation to the next for the past 50-60 years and have helped tremendously in keeping the "Legend" of Sir Don Bradman alive. Basically everything except actual footage of those players playing the game.
and so on and so forth .... Your viewpoints are just as ludicrous - if not more - to me as are mine to you. But I have the patience and discipline to counter them without getting bent out of shape. This is is the difference between me and you. So if you are going to continue to hurl muck whenever you get caught out might as well continue the slanging match and trolling ... why bother with facts and informed debate.
I know you have been making me laugh whole day long but this one took the cake. :hysterical:
How many of these "Experts" also saw Tendulkar batting ? Bradman himself said that he used to bat like Tendulkar ... that obviously will not go down well with the Bradman Bhakts.
Yeah and I have been told I look like Ajay Devgan. So possibly I should now claim to be the better actor and claim Kajol as wifey.. Awwwsum!:hehe::hehe:
Wrong. There are literally hundreds of books and accounts of Bradman's batting. I know, it's not fashionable for the modern generation to indulge in reading beyond what can be conveniently googled but perhaps it might be worth the effort if you are interested in understanding and learning about the history of the game and a lot of it's great players beyond what stats guru and some 500 word 'articles' and 'blogs' provide.
If that formed the basis of your analysis there are as many if not more blogs,books and articles about SRT'S greatness including quotes from present and current year greats. Instead of footage I am assuming you have probably seen him play live for most part of his career So Now can we conclude why Sachin is the greatest
If that formed the basis of your analysis there are as many if not more blogs,books and articles about SRT'S greatness including quotes from present and current year greats. Instead of footage I am assuming you have probably seen him play live for most part of his career So Now can we conclude why Sachin is the greatest
By that token do you also beleive J Rawling to be a better writer than Shakespeare?? Just curious