Sachin Tendulkar or Vivian Richards?

How did I miss this gem? Weren't't you the one who combined stats of every format to show that Tendulkar is way ahead of his peer(s) (Ponting' date= iirc) to show that he like Bradman dominated his peers! .... I have seen folks discussing how many international 100s, he has hit .... Now you are trying to point out srtfanssuck, who is imitating folks like you :haha:
That is International cricket. Do you understand the difference between International cricket & First class cricket? If you don't then there's no point of further discussion. If you do understand the difference then you would've never combined stats of International cricket with first class cricket.

ViV richards played in a great team. Sachin couldn't in whole 90s. Richards played with flamboyance all his career. Always dominating. Sachin changed this after tennis elbow injury. Richards was too strong to have an injury. :P Both best of their generations. Stop comparing batsman of different eras. Though Sachin vs Lara will be a good debate.

ViV richards played in a great team. Sachin couldn't in whole 90s. Richards played with flamboyance all his career. Always dominating. Sachin changed this after tennis elbow injury. Richards was too strong to have an injury. :P Both best of their generations. Stop comparing batsman of different eras. Though Sachin vs Lara will be a good debate.
Either apply solution given in post 145 or if illness is serious read complete thread

I just realised We are discussing rubbish here.. I blame ICC for killing best of the cricket.What we need is test match between China and Netherland every year. Players should be allowed to sleep on ground in case they feel tired or allowed to sit and chit chat in case they feel like it... What we will see is Ryan ten Doeschate is best player and world media and fans will follow him all acrioss the world. He average will atleast 200 run.... There we will find second best and third best,fourth best batsman from the world too.

1CWOzoqxTC0&feature=player_detailpage Tests: Viv Richards 110* of 56 balls .... again Botham :hysterical: I remember watching a clip where he was sweeping Imran Khan in an ODI. I can't find it now .... No wonder Imran thinks he is the best he has bowled to

Another complain I have against Tendulkar is that he would avoid batting in the top 3 in tests (because it is difficult to do) .... He would bat at 4, when usually you would not be batting in the first session and batting at a time when the ball is just abt in right condition for batting. In ODIs and T20s, he would open for obvious reasons :P

Another complain I have against Tendulkar is that he would avoid batting in the top 3 in tests (because it is difficult to do) .... He would bat at 4' date=' when usually you would not be batting in the first session and batting at a time when the ball is just abt in right condition for batting. In ODIs and T20s, he would open for obvious reasons :P[/quote'] Why are you so against Tendulkar!!!! :hmmm: SRT's position in test matches is number 4. It may not be as tough as positions 1-3, but it is still difficult and the way he played so many innings should not have risen such doubts... Well, I don't agree that Viv Richards is mediocere. I believe that statement by Bossbhai has been taken out of context!!!!! But without a doubt, SRT is a greater batsman than Viv Richards for all obvious reasons...:icflove:
Why are you so against Tendulkar!!!! :hmmm: SRT's position in test matches is number 4. It may not be as tough as positions 1-3, but it is still difficult and the way he played so many innings should not have risen such doubts... Well, I don't agree that Viv Richards is mediocere. I believe that statement by Bossbhai has been taken out of context!!!!! But without a doubt, SRT is a greater batsman than Viv Richards for all obvious reasons...:icflove:
I am not against Tendulkar. In fact he is one of my fav players .... I had tears in my eyes when I saw Tendulkar with the WC. I wanted him to win it since 1996 But that doesn't mean I go around proclaiming him as the greatest, when I think he is not, hiding his negatives, or calling other players including the likes of Richards as mediocere. Despite his negatives, Sachin will be special for Indian cricket fans. Pointing out negatives doesn't change that like what a few folks here believe :giggle: I have rated Sachin as the 2nd best test Batsman after Gavaskar. Not because Gavaskar is more skilled but because Gavaskar is IMHO likely to make a bigger impact with him opening the innings, ability to play the best bowlers well, ability to play big innings in tough conditions. But is Gavaskar one of my fav players? The answer is no. If Sehwag continues to play like he is doing now and get big 100s in tests, I might be inclined to put him above Sachin in tests.
I am not against Tendulkar. In fact he is one of my fav players .... I had tears in my eyes when I saw Tendulkar with the WC. I wanted him to win it since 1996 But that doesn't mean I go around proclaiming him as the greatest, when I think he is not, hiding his negatives, or calling other players including the likes of Richards as mediocere. Despite his negatives, Sachin will be special for Indian cricket fans. Pointing out negatives doesn't change that like what a few folks here believe :giggle: I have rated Sachin as the 2nd best test Batsman after Gavaskar. Not because Gavaskar is more skilled but because Gavaskar is IMHO likely to make a bigger impact with him opening the innings, ability to play the best bowlers well, ability to play big innings in tough conditions. But is Gavaskar one of my fav players? The answer is no. If Sehwag continues to play like he is doing now and get big 100s in tests, I might be inclined to put him above Sachin in tests.
Rett couldnt agree more with you except the bolded portion. I think gavaskar greatness against quality attacks in tough conditions is undeniable. But he lacked another gear to his game. Sachin could take the attack to the bowlers while Gavaskars was more of a grinder. However i also beliebe that because of the weakness of Indoan batting line up Gavaskar could never express himself.

Admire the way you guys claim to be cricket fan, cricket guru and Indian.. Then you compare Sachin with Sehwag and Gavaskar anticipating some mudslinging by their own fans to their own heroes. Its called sadistic pleasure and probably first step toward developing some serious psychopathic illelness

Rett couldnt agree more with you except the bolded portion. I think gavaskar greatness against quality attacks in tough conditions is undeniable. But he lacked another gear to his game. Sachin could take the attack to the bowlers while Gavaskars was more of a grinder. However i also beliebe that because of the weakness of Indoan batting line up Gavaskar could never express himself.
That's true that Sachin can attack more than Gavaskar but from, what I recall, in the 90s, when we use to tour SA many used to say only if we had Gavaskar. Hardly anyone said that we have Tendulkar and Azharuddin so we should do well. That's because many knew that a Tendulkar or an Azhar could play one or two good knocks but Gavaskar could potentially do well consistently and get big 100s like a double in testing conditions The thing about Richards is that bowlers feared his attack, while with Gavaskar bowlers feared if they could even beat his bat. Despite their contrasting styles, these two are probably two stand out test players amongst the group of legends