So, what was wrong with this pitch, Bhajji?

Sorry but you are using Lahori Logic here.
OK let me show you once again then. Read these again and let me know if with "some luck" those would not have ended as being wickets for Bhajji. 30.1 Harbhajan Singh to Bravo, 1 run, just short of second slip this time. Another edge, but going down into the ground. Kohli can't get to it. Bravo living a charmed life 32.1 Harbhajan Singh to Barath, 3 runs, another chance, goes between keeper and leg slip. Pre-meditated sweep, the ball turns, hits him on the glove, and finds that gap perfectly 52.6 Harbhajan Singh to Chanderpaul, 1 run, extra bounce, which makes Harbhajan effective, Shiv is deep in the crease to defend but it gets a bit big on him, and he fails to keep it down. However, it goes wide of FSL 64.2 Harbhajan Singh to Rampaul, FOUR, Not one of the best attempts by Dravid at slip. Misses out on catch No. 201. Soft edge, going down, but in slow motion, and he could have easily got under it. Instead he is slow at getting down, and lets it slip through. A touch heavy on his feet 59.3 Harbhajan Singh to Edwards, FOUR, sharp turn down the leg side, Fiddy has a poke at it, gets four between keeper and leg slip

To say that Bhajji is going to come back strong in the next game and had a poor game is one thing and reasonable, but posters trying to say he bowled well in this test match by posting cricinfo commentary is just highlight of the thread and insulting the collective intelligence of so many other people who watched the action including Dhoni and numerous TV analysts! :laugh:

Sorry but you are using Lahori Logic here.
He spends time to collect some Cricinfo commentary snippets to claim that Bhajji was unlucky to not get 5-6 wickets.. :hysterical: Maybe he should also check for the same unlucky factor about Bishoo missing wickets.. :hysterical:
Does that matter? The list shows you the number of chances/near chances he created. With some luck' date=' could easily have ended with 6-7 wickets in the match.[/quote'] You know problem was they did not adjust according to the pitch. Is it too difficult to bowl straighter and quicker in the air with more straight seam rather than for big off breaks. These are variations a bowler need to put. He is 12 years old in international cricket and still he cannot adjust to the pitch or understand the conditions even on 4th day, what is the use of so much experience. This was the kind of wicket where spinners didn't have to do anything extra ordinary rather than bowling straight and accurate.
You know problem was they did not adjust according to the pitch. Is it too difficult to bowl straighter and quicker in the air with more straight seam rather than for big off breaks. These are variations a bowler need to put. He is 12 years old in international cricket and still he cannot adjust to the pitch or understand the conditions even on 4th day' date=' what is the use of so much experience. This was the kind of wicket where spinners didn't have to do anything extra ordinary rather than bowling straight and accurate.[/quote'] THIS.
To say that Bhajji is going to come back strong in the next game and had a poor game is one thing and reasonable' date=' but [b']posters trying to say he bowled well in this test match by posting cricinfo commentary is just highlight of the thread and insulting the collective intelligence of so many other people who watched the action including Dhoni and numerous TV analysts! :laugh:
This is what I wrote "Yes he should have bowled better but to say he bowled crap is exaggerated IMO".
OK let me show you once again then. Read these again and let me know if with "some luck" those would not have ended as being wickets for Bhajji. 30.1 Harbhajan Singh to Bravo, 1 run, just short of second slip this time. Another edge, but going down into the ground. Kohli can't get to it. Bravo living a charmed life 32.1 Harbhajan Singh to Barath, 3 runs, another chance, goes between keeper and leg slip. Pre-meditated sweep, the ball turns, hits him on the glove, and finds that gap perfectly 52.6 Harbhajan Singh to Chanderpaul, 1 run, extra bounce, which makes Harbhajan effective, Shiv is deep in the crease to defend but it gets a bit big on him, and he fails to keep it down. However, it goes wide of FSL 64.2 Harbhajan Singh to Rampaul, FOUR, Not one of the best attempts by Dravid at slip. Misses out on catch No. 201. Soft edge, going down, but in slow motion, and he could have easily got under it. Instead he is slow at getting down, and lets it slip through. A touch heavy on his feet 59.3 Harbhajan Singh to Edwards, FOUR, sharp turn down the leg side, Fiddy has a poke at it, gets four between keeper and leg slip
I can post more than 50 comm. posts from Cricinfo to show how pathetic Bhajji bowled in this test :winky: Anyways I give up on this Lahori Logic...............
This guy is absolutely right!!! Praveen also made the batsmen play and miss LOTS of times and had various edges just fall short. He already got 6 wickets in this test match, plus he was unlucky to be barred in the first innnings, he could have always picked up more wickets later. So by the luck calculations Praveen could have ended up with 15/16 wickets!!! :dance: :blink:
I can post more than 50 comm. posts from Cricinfo to show how pathetic Bhajji bowled in this test :winky: Anyways I give up on this Lahori Logic...............
Why won't you when you see that those were 5-6 clear chances which would have been converted if he had some luck as I said. Don't worry even I am done. Don't want to moan on a day when India has won., Will leavve it for you lot to moan about Bhajji and how useless he is.
To say that Bhajji is going to come back strong in the next game and had a poor game is one thing and reasonable' date=' but posters trying to say he bowled well in this test match by posting cricinfo commentary is just highlight of the thread and insulting the collective intelligence of so many other people who watched the action including Dhoni and numerous TV analysts! :laugh:[/quote'] and he calls himself as saneindian.. :--D

I wonder, why Dhoni was "moaning" about Spin bowling in post match interview when he won the match? We are not discussing it just to get some sadistic pleasure..Yes India won. But there's a serious issue in the spin bowling depart ment. You just cannot switch to over the wicket and round the wicket to show your bowling variation. You need to have something more because swtiching here and there will not help in these and English conditions..

I wonder, why Dhoni was "moaning" about Spin bowling in post match interview when he won the match? We are not discussing it just to get some sadistic pleasure..Yes India won. But there's a serious issue in the spin bowling depart ment. You just cannot switch to over the wicket and round the wicket to show your bowling variation. You need to have something more because swtiching here and there will not help in these and English conditions..
Too bad some people here take constructive criticism as moaning.

Bhajji bowled well below the expectations we have from him. We dont have an alternative test spinner yet and Bhajji is the only option in tests. There is something missing in his bowling for last 1-2 years, he doesnt look dangerous anymore, doesnt seem confident while bowling.

Bhajji's problem is he is overworked and he needs rest but he is unwilling to accept it..He has been playing all forms of the game for many years without a break and that is taking a toll on him . Right now he has no plan to bowl to a batsman, he just bowls rubbish and expects to get some wickets...A 2- 3 month rest would do world of good to him , but knowing Bhajj and his insecurities I dont think it'll happen. So India cannot ignore a fighter like him and he is contributing well with bat..So going forward Bhajji should play as all-rounder and bat at #7 and we must play 4 bowlers apart from Bhajji to maintain proper balance.

Guys please stop attacking 'saneindian'..he's one of the most well-behaved posters out here' date=' also one with no liking for a particular player and defending him to the core like many of us do![/quote'] Kahan gaye the bhaijaan? Didn't see you around for quite some time:icflove: