'2002 riot records destroyed'

1983-2011

In a startling revelation, the Gujarat government has told the Nanavati Commission probing the 2002 Gujarat riots that all official documents pertaining to the period of the riots were destroyed four years ago. “As per general government rules the telephone call records, vehicle log book, the office r’s movement diary and are destroyed after a certain period. The state intelligence bureau records were also destroyed in 2007,†state government counsel SB Vakil said during the commission proceedings on Wednesday. Sanjiv Bhatt, who was deputy commissioner of police (Gujarat intelligence bureau) in 2002, had asked for the documents to be able to make a “meaningful deposition†before the inquiry panel. He was summoned by the commission in May. During Bhatt’s cross-examination, Vakil told the IPS officer that he had “crossed his limit†by levelling allegations against chief minister Narendra Modi. Bhatt had filed an affidavit in April alleging that Modi had told top police officials and bureaucrats to “let Hindus vent out their anger†after the Sabarmati Express was set on fire near Godhra railway station on February 27, 2002, killing 59 people. The incident triggered massive communal riots across Gujarat. Meanwhile, in a separate development, the Gujarat high court has asked the commission to clarify by July 8 whether it had summoned Bhatt as a witness or an informer.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/2002-riot-records-destroyed/Article1-715394.aspx

Laugh all you want. Modi is only safe as long as he is in power. the day he loses' date=' he will be sold out by his own party. History is full of such examples[/quote'] History is also full of people doing unimaginable things and getting away clean with impunity. You never know which way it will turn.

Laugh all you want. Modi is only safe as long as he is in power. the day he loses' date=' he will be sold out by his own party. History is full of such examples[/quote'] You cannot prove a innocent person guilty. Even muslims in Gujrat respect Modi. very much typical indian politics of making something out of the nothing. And wonder why no one does any inquiry on Gandhi for their role in 1984 and even today for their huge black money in swiss banks

Laugh all you want. Modi is only safe as long as he is in power. the day he loses' date=' he will be sold out by his own party. History is full of such examples[/quote'] Nothing will happen - hamaam mein sab nange hain. They'll scratch each others' back, find some convenient scapegoat and the matter will be settled.

You cannot prove a innocent person guilty. Even muslims in Gujrat respect Modi. very much typical indian politics of making something out of the nothing. And wonder why no one does any inquiry on Gandhi for their role in 1984 and even today for their huge black money in swiss banks
Typical gulity reaction. Just become someone else is equally guilty somehow is supposed to be your defence? Care to answer the OP, why were the 'innocent' records deleted? People have to lvie and life has to move on. Modi is good for Gujrat so he is being worshipped. But his crimes will catch up to him sooner rather than later

I was in France when the riots broke out .... Said some great things about Gujarat to someone in France, then I go back to the hotel, switched the TV on and saw the news about riots .... No need to say I was saddened by the event Why would you need to riot and kill so many innocent people? This was the question that poped up. But once I digged deeper, the things I found were shocking * In a small town, some 5000 people gathered to burn down a train carrying Hindus to Ayodhya. So many people knew that people were going to be murdered but not one informed the authorities! * There were people shouting on loud speakers in mosques to kill Hindus. If Hindus didn't act and seize weapons stored at those mosques, then it could have been even worse. Which place of worship announces in speakers to kill people of other religion? * Over the years, during Hindu festivals, stones are pelted at religious processions. Have Hindus done that to religious processions of other religion in Gujarat? * Let's not forget Pak victories being celebrated at certain sections of the cities. At some point, the volcano was going to burst. Those who are not involved in this can take the high moral ground and speak Gandhigiri but leave this issue to the people of Gujarat. After the eruption of emotions, Gujarat is once again a peaceful state. If you are really so concerned about certain sections of our society, then please go and help those section out (I doubt many here would have done much charity work).

At some point' date=' the volcano was going to burst. Those who are not involved in this can take the high moral ground and speak Gandhigiri but [b']leave this issue to the people of Gujarat. After the eruption of emotions, Gujarat is once again a peaceful state. If you are really so concerned about certain sections of our society, then please go and help those section out (I doubt many here would have done much charity work).
WTF is that supposed to mean ? You're supposed to throw the constitution, the law & the judiciary into the trash can because a section of people feels its appropriate to burn innocents alive ? What did the murdered victim of Naroda/Best Bakery have to do with those that initiated the mayhem by burning the train ? This is not about Gandhigiri, no one wants to show the other cheek and rightly so. But why is common sense & civility such a problem, wherein murdering innocent people is seen as a legitimate solution to long term stability. If i expected the Gujarat government to maintain order & pursue the perpetrators of the original crime, each & every single one of them, am i expecting too much ? Or is it too little, since not enough of 'them' were killed for the sake of revenge ?

WTF is that supposed to mean ? You're supposed to throw the constitution, the law & the judiciary into the trash can because a section of people feels its appropriate to burn innocents alive ? What did the murdered victim of Naroda/Best Bakery have to do with those that initiated the mayhem by burning the train ? This is not about Gandhigiri, no one wants to show the other cheek and rightly so. But why is common sense & civility such a problem, wherein murdering innocent people is seen as a legitimate solution to long term stability. If i expected the Gujarat government to maintain order & pursue the perpetrators of the original crime, each & every single one of them, am i expecting too much ? Or is it too little, since not enough of 'them' were killed for the sake of revenge ?
If you had it in you to highlight that line, then you should also have deduced that opinion of those who are not from Gujarat means little to me. If you understood what this is about you wouldn't be making such a post. Are trying to find logic behind killings like what A had to do with B? Then you should know that C would not have had much to do with D either and so on? This is an unfortunate incident with many sections of the population involved (I hope you understand what this means). The people of Gujarat have moved on for a reason. I have no interest in debating this as I have already debated this a lot including with Muslims from different parts of the world. Sadly, I haven't heard many apologies for what happened at Godhra. It is as if many want to focus on what happened in Gujarat and somehow have an explanation from anything from suicide bombings to just about anything in any part of the world. Somehow some folks are always victims. Somehow it is only one section that retaliates, while others are being illogical. This is not about justice or more killings (like what your ignorant post made it sound) This unfortunate incident (again hoping that you understand what unfortunate implies) is best left alone and people move on, which they have. Leave Gujarat alone. Thanks.

If you had it in you to highlight that line' date=' then you should also have deduced that opinion of those who are not from Gujarat means little to me. [/quote'] Where do you think i am from ? You should have said you do not care about those that disagree with you. Edit : you said you were in France in Feb/March 2002 ? I was in Central Gujarat, where the crux of the rioting occurred. Sure, i know how hard it was to move on. The results of 2002 elections suggested they had moved on months after Godhra. Its easy to move on when the victim is not from your family. Who's talking about muslims around the world ? The train burning/riot victims were Indians. I wonder why ABJ wondered what face he could carry while visiting Islamic nations. He could have learned a lesson or two from your kind. It sure isn't about justice. With the fascist mentality your kind carries around, it never will be anywhere close. Yep, leave Gujarat alone. Let every state govt carry out its whims and fancies as long as the majority supports it. Thank heavens India did not have the likes of LBJ, although ABJ was ashamed of the events.

If you had it in you to highlight that line, then you should also have deduced that opinion of those who are not from Gujarat means little to me. If you understood what this is about you wouldn't be making such a post. Are trying to find logic behind killings like what A had to do with B? Then you should know that C would not have had much to do with D either and so on? This is an unfortunate incident with many sections of the population involved (I hope you understand what this means). The people of Gujarat have moved on for a reason. I have no interest in debating this as I have already debated this a lot including with Muslims from different parts of the world. Sadly, I haven't heard many apologies for what happened at Godhra. It is as if many want to focus on what happened in Gujarat and somehow have an explanation from anything from suicide bombings to just about anything in any part of the world. Somehow some folks are always victims. Somehow it is only one section that retaliates, while others are being illogical. This is not about justice or more killings (like what your ignorant post made it sound) This unfortunate incident (again hoping that you understand what unfortunate implies) is best left alone and people move on, which they have. Leave Gujarat alone. Thanks.
fantastic!!! thousands of innocent people have been killed just because of the whims and fantasies of a few people and you say "Leave Gujarat alone". Now that Gujarat is a peaceful state does not mean that we should forget all the heinous crimes that were committed at that time and let all the perpetrators go free.

Where do you think i am from ? You should have said you do not care about those that disagree with you. Edit : you said you were in France in Feb/March 2002 ? I was in Central Gujarat, where the crux of the rioting occurred. Sure, i know how hard it was to move on. The results of 2002 elections suggested they had moved on months after Godhra. Its easy to move on when the victim is not from your family. Who's talking about muslims around the world ? The train burning/riot victims were Indians. I wonder why ABJ wondered what face he could carry while visiting Islamic nations. He could have learned a lesson or two from your kind. It sure isn't about justice. With the fascist mentality your kind carries around, it never will be anywhere close. Yep, leave Gujarat alone. Let every state govt carry out its whims and fancies as long as the majority supports it. Thank heavens India did not have the likes of LBJ, although ABJ was ashamed of the events.
I will stand by what I said, i.e. opinion from Gujarat matters to me. So I will make this last effort to reply. As I have said, I have discussed this enough already in the past When I said that Gujarat has moved on, it means that many living in Gujarat have moved on. That includes everyone. Appears as if your focus is on one particular community and I am saying the other side of the story. It shouldn't imply that either of us don't care for the other side, which is what you are trying to portray If the families of those innocent people killed on the train going to Ayodhya have moved on, then I would expect others to move on as well. This is assuming that the grief level is the same in every family. Let's not forget t the families of those Kashmiri Hindus too. Are you aware that a community has been systematically moved out of Kashmir? let's not forget the families of those who get butchered when they go to Amarnath. Or is it that some families in Gujarat find it so difficult to move on. (or is it that you are taking the entire Muslim community in Gujarat as one family. If that's the case then you are being biased) .... I guess, if people are going to Ayodhya and we don't want that so let's burn the train and kill them (what's going to happen?), let's get the Hindus out of Kashmir (let's start killing them, what's going to happen?), and if someone speaks up for Hindus, he would be termed a fascist (how convenient) And since you are so concerned about justice, what about innocent until proven guilty or are you talking about your court of law (if so then don't forget others have their own courts too) .... Then you have it in you to suggest that those who think that Gujarat has moved on and should be left alone are fascist. I guess, everyone who voted for BJP is a fascist then. The majority in Gujarat are fascists, I guess .... My friend, looking at the bigger picture is not fascism Let's not play politics. Gujarat and its people (everyone) are higher than that. And you know the elections results since 2002 and how things have moved on Thanks for your opinion!

fantastic!!! thousands of innocent people have been killed just because of the whims and fantasies of a few people and you say "Leave Gujarat alone". Now that Gujarat is a peaceful state does not mean that we should forget all the heinous crimes that were committed at that time and let all the perpetrators go free.
Have you discussed your report card with your parents? If you have more As than what gift are you getting?

Modi or No Modi, if Godhra happens again, expect another riots. Those who live in Gujarat will understand that. There were riots before Modi was in power. I saw it with my own eyes in Ahmedabad, When Sonia visited Ahmedabad, one particular neighbourhood were chanting, Pakistan Zindbad and tiranga was burned. No wonder there were riots in certain part of Ahmedabad after that. This was in 99 IIRC.