Android Apps/Games

Sachinism

Guest Shivani
Was it on phone memory or external sd card?
memory card plz tell me i can recover the picturesss ? :pray:

Tell you what Holy, the one good thing about Android is that its open source. Even though you don't care much for the apps, it least improves your JAVA. And that's a WIN.
Not always. Java on Android is very different from the normal JVM. Because of the phone's lightweight VM, we need to be careful while declaring objects inspite of garbage collection. We cant be as carefree as on PCs, plus the design patterns for both are quite different too.

You're right Ganesh. I really like the amount of documentation that's available. Some APIs I have used before, god, they were absolutely horrible with little or no documentation. Any novice with a basic understanding of Java can start developing some serious applications with some time and effort. The office but a couple of these Android tabs and told us to write some applications. Not the type where you'd put on the marketplace and make money but applications one would write for research purposes -- the kind of stuff Masters/Phd people work on.

memory card plz tell me i can recover the picturesss ? :pray:
you mixed the two options I gave:). Let me ask again - was it on the memory chip - the micro-sd card? Or was it on the default memory in the phone ( not the card). If it was on memory card ( the micro sd card) - then yes - it is relatively easy, you will need a laptop/desktop which can read the micro-sd card - via card reader Or through the USB cable connected to the card. ( it should be visible on your desktop as a 'drive' - e: or f: or some ":" " If it is really important to recover, then - in any case - do not further write any new files ( like take new pictures, copy new songs etc). Anyway - first answer these - can you live without those pics :) - is it really really important? were the files are on - micro-sd card storage? Can you see the sd-card as a windows-drive on your desktop/laptop ? Have you written more files/data on the same memory card ( after deletion of pics) - the more you have written, the less likely it is to recover.

Guest Shivani
you mixed the two options I gave:). Let me ask again - was it on the memory chip - the micro-sd card? Or was it on the default memory in the phone ( not the card). If it was on memory card ( the micro sd card) - then yes - it is relatively easy, you will need a laptop/desktop which can read the micro-sd card - via card reader Or through the USB cable connected to the card. ( it should be visible on your desktop as a 'drive' - e: or f: or some ":" " If it is really important to recover, then - in any case - do not further write any new files ( like take new pictures, copy new songs etc). Anyway - first answer these - can you live without those pics :) - is it really really important? were the files are on - micro-sd card storage? Can you see the sd-card as a windows-drive on your desktop/laptop ? Have you written more files/data on the same memory card ( after deletion of pics) - the more you have written, the less likely it is to recover.
micro sd card not fone memory..external memory it is verrrryyy important.. cannot live without them i havent written more data like clicking pictures or copying songs havent touched my fone...havent whatsapped or text anyone did nothing.. just charging the fone now tell me the pictures can be recovered ? :pray:

I think I should just tell you the steps, assuming the files are on micro-sd card. 0) connect the phone to the laptop/desktop. 1) Ensure the card contents are visible as a windows drive ":" 2) Ensure that it is the micro/mini-sd-card - if you proceed without it, you might end up rendering your phone useless for quite some time. One way to ensure that is - remove the micro sd card (when phone is not connected to the laptop), and reconnect to the laptop, it should not be visible as a windows drive. 3) Backup the contents of that card, to some folder on your laptop. Very important, otherwise you might lose whatever you are left with. 4) After ensuring that you have backed up the current data and working with sd-card only. You can use "get data back for fat" There are many other software to recover deleted files - this one is pretty easy to use, and I guess you can work with 'freeware version'. Follow the steps/documentation carefully. And make sure you copy the 'recovered' files to laptop, and not the card itself. Or you will have to let someone remote-access your laptop.

Guest Shivani
If you cannot see your card on laptop - as a windows drive, you will need to enable the option on your phone. Let me know if you dont know how to do that.
i dont know how to do that :embarassed: :nervous:

Guest Shivani
^ By default You will be able to see it a removable drive like a pendrive. If you not you need to change the USB connection mode to Memory card access
oh i havent connected it to laptop yet lemme try

Guest Shivani

Data retrievedddddddd. Thanks Akshay, Ganeshran and Rajiv And also I downloaded free tapatalk on my unrooted android phone :yay: Sent from my GT-I5510 using Tapatalk

Guest Shivani
Well done!!! :two_thumbs_up: Now make a habit of taking backups periodically.
this is soooo cooool am deleting files, then recovering, deleting, recovering, funnnn :yay: i got 7 out 8 important pictures i wanted. thanks a lotttttt akshay! :icflove:

Guest Shivani
Data retrievedddddddd. Thanks Akshay, Ganeshran and Rajiv And also I downloaded free tapatalk on my unrooted android phone :yay: Sent from my GT-I5510 using Tapatalk
:cool: free tapatalk :cool: unrooted phone :cool: