Breaking News- Ford Turns down India coach offer

saw in cricinfo commmentary Breaking news - Graham Ford has turned down the India coaching role ... now, there's a turn-up. And if there was genuinely a shortlist of two - him and John Emburey - then does that mean Embers is the odds-on favourite? so wats gonna happen now??? :giggle: Gavaskar must be laughing his ass off.. --------------- The right decision for me and my family" Ford turns down India job Cricinfo staff June 11, 2007 spacer.gif297442.jpg?alt=1 Graham Ford and John Emburey before meeting board officials. Ford subsequently revealed that the job was not for him © AFP Graham Ford has turned down the Indian board's offer to coach the national side, opting instead to stay on as director of coaching at Kent County Cricket Club. A media release issued by the county quoted him as saying: "I am very grateful to the club for allowing me to go to India to find out more about the job of coaching the Indian Team. I have had a chance to reflect on the offer made by the BCCI and their urgency to fill the vacant position. "After careful consideration, I have decided to continue my work here at Kent. This has been a really difficult decision. I am honoured that India have shown such interest in my capabilities, but feel that this is the right decision for me and my family." The news will come as a severe blow to the BCCI, who didn't have any other noteworthy candidates lined up once Dav Whatmore was ruled out by the seven-man committee. More to follow http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/297675.html

I heard yesterday Ravi Shastri beaming with pride about forwarded Ford's name to BCCI. BCCI must have offered him ridiculous salary and over it they probably must have mentioned performance related bonuses crap. BCCI is the most richest poor cricketing board that can't even finalize a coach. Dav Whatmore must be laughing at BCCI. Serves BCCI right.

What an idiot FORD is. Lack of ambition, stupidity, you name it Stay at Kent mate. Go nowhere. As for the BCCI...can you imagine if it was Emburey- a man who has done fack all at any coaching level Serves them right for ruling out Whatmore so early in the process. Faggots We are fuked

:dontknow: Why did Ford play out this nonsense? Maybe he didn't. I await the 'More to follow'
I think Ford is right. It was no nonsense from his part. BCCI might have offered a ridiculous package and he would have assessed it not to be enough to handle such a stressful job staying away from his young family! Why do BCCI think that the world would dance to their tune?

There are no other coach in the horizon. Emburey is "THE MAN" for Indian Cricket :hysterical: I cannot believe BCCI has shot its own foot. Good on ya Ford. Someone had to show BCCI a finger and Ford did a middle one :tounge_smile:

Ford snubs India - have to find another coach Duplicate thread - please delete it for me. Apologies. I am not saying this but AFP news agency. I guess India will have to rethink and give the job to Emburey. I would say now BCCI should go with an Indian candiate - Sandeep Patil gets my vote. Cricket: Ford turns down India

Monday, June 11, 2007 13:45:44

by Angus MacKinnon ATTENTION - ADDS Indian reax /// LONDON, June 11, 2007 (AFP) - Graham Ford has snubbed an offer to become India's new coach in favour of staying on in his current role as director of cricket at English county Kent. The South African's decision, announced on Monday, will come as a major blow to Indian cricket chiefs who believed they had reached an agreement with Ford that would see him take over the India team on a one-year contract before the end of this month. The 46-year-old was selected for the role on Saturday following an interview in Chennai and had been due to tell his new employers when he could start work by Monday. Instead, he revealed that he had had a change of heart. "I am very grateful to the Club for allowing me to go to India to find out more about the job of coaching the Indian Team," he said in a statement released by Kent. "I have had a chance to reflect on the offer made by the BCCI and their urgency to fill the vacant position. After careful consideration, I have decided to continue my work here at Kent. "This has been a really difficult decision. I am honoured that India have shown such interest in my capabilities, but feel that this is the right decision for me and my family." Ford's decision delighted Kent cricket chairman Graham Johnson. "I know that all in the business at Kent, the playing staff, the coaching staff and all our administrators will be thrilled by his decision," he said. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) now faces a race against time to find a successor to Greg Chappell ahead of the scheduled one-day internationals against Ireland and South Africa between June 23 and July 1, and the subsequent Test series in England. In New Delhi, senior BCCI officials went into a huddle to discuss Ford's refusal and chart out a future course of action. New candidates are expected to crop up at a previously scheduled meeting of the BCCI's working committee in New Delhi on Tuesday. Ford was chosen by a seven-member panel, headed by BCCI president Sharad Pawar and which included three former captains in Sunil Gavaskar, Srinivas Venkataraghavan and Ravi Shastri. India could turn to former England spinner John Emburey, who was also interviewed for one of the most high-profile jobs in cricket. But that would inevitably leave them open to accusations of having settled for a 'second choice' candidate. The panel had earlier rejected former Sri Lanka and Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore despite media reports suggesting that he was almost certain to get the job. Former Indian captain Ajit Wadekar lashed out at the BCCI for announcing Ford's name before he had accepted their offer. "The board jumped the gun," said Wadekar. "Now they are left with nothing. "The good thing is Indian cricket cannot fall any lower. Hopefully, good times are ahead - if we can find a good coach." India are looking for a successor to former Australia captain Chappell, who quit after India crashed out in the first round of the recent World Cup in the Caribbean. Ford, who was South Africa's coach from 1999-2001 when the Proteas won nine of their 11 Test series, had been recommended by India's captain Rahul Dravid, a former Kent player. am-kl/lp07 AFP

Man, Ford is a savvy business man. He went to India and found out the money he needs to bargain with Kent and got it or maybe even more to stay at Kent. What a business man he is! Now BCCI is the one who has to receive this surprise package! Indian Cricket is sure an entertainment to watch both on the field and out of the field!

Unless one is desperate they would not want to coach the team in this BCCI setup they want to give a facking 1 year contract.

“The new coach’s performance will be reviewed by the committee after every tour,” said BCCI secretary Niranjan Shah in Bangalore on Monday. The committee is headed by BCCI president Sharad Pawar and also consists of three former captains - Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri and S Venkataraghavan