Breaking News- Ford Turns down India coach offer

I blame that stupid fack Gavasker for the mess we are in right now. This selfish senile geriatric fool was responsible for North West split during his playing days and now this cancer wants to destroy Indian cricket. Kick him out of BCCI inner circle for good.
Yeah ! Jump on the bandwagon...i've been saying this forever. The seniors along with the ex players should stay the hell away from Indian cricket if the administrators want the team to progress. This news comes to me as no surprise whatsoever. Ford didn't NEED the job; he was APPROACHED by the BCCI in desperation once they back-peddled on Woolmer. The onus was SOLELY on him to make the decision and the BCCI were left REELING like the jail-bait that they are. Let's face it - they aren't spoiled for choice. Now are they going suck in their fat stomachs and bring back Whatmore ? Unlikely - as Dav has his dignity and will obviously tell them to p*ss off. Indian cricket is getting EXACTLY what it deserves. I foresee another stupid short-term appointment for the ENG tour, as they stall the whole process in a deliberate attempt to make the gullible Indian public forget this HUMILIATION.
http://www.cricketnext.com/videos/25478/ford-shuns-bcci-offer-satisfied-with-kent.html whos this lal chand raj? CNN-IBN is throwing up this name.. dont know where this farce is going towards.... and how nicely srikanth markets himself for the coach... very funnny..:hysterical: indian ex-cricketers are now like bunch of wolves waiting for the prey..
Here is link for lalchand rajputhttp://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/256341.html Lately i think he was contesting at the mca elections for some post hedidnt get it so they might offer him this coaching assigment thats what cnnibn are hinting at.....

BCCI are a bunch of idiots. Why the hell did they have 2 canditates and fly them over for interviews, whats that all about! You dont need these silly formal interviews, you talk informally in private. Just like with chappell appointment they were made to do presenations, facking stupid! The search will start again apparently. Emburey wont get it, he was a dummy second candiate to make sure Ford won.

Yes' date=' I am sure IND will convincingly beat ENG next month and AUS down under with the tactical genius of Lalchand Rajput.[/quote'] I got to agree with you now about Dav Whatmore. What boneheaded decision by BCCI not to hire him especially considering the fact that Whatmore was very keen on coaching Team India. I guess we got a snapshot of how our politicians like Pawar function.

We will be fine yaar. Ford is thorough businesssman and he knows how to exploit BCCI. after all GORAs have ruled us for 150 years.. Who would know it better. He knows that we are completely banking on him. Ford is looking for some extra $$$$ from BCCI. Nothing less. Now that BCCI learning from GC experience of paying handsome earning NONE, they dont want to pay upfront lump some money there. They want to make it performance based which Ford knows that Indian team wont perform for him to earn handsomely..... Good going BCCI-Ford... i know they are not stupid yaar. BCCI has lot of money and they dont want to give it just like that. If the most highly paid job does not deliver then why heck even bother appoiting such an expensive guy there. As I always favored an Indian coach. These seniors dont want it because these GORA coaches dont ustand what these players talk between themselves in Hindi. And coach doesnt bother much......I dont think they have any legitimate reason why they want foreign coach as such. SP or MA are good choices. Try them. Who knows they may do wonders for us. Keep it simple.

BCCI are a bunch of idiots. Why the hell did they have 2 canditates and fly them over for interviews' date=' whats that all about! You dont need these silly formal interviews, you talk informally in private..[/quote'] It's called desperation. Under normal circumstances, it's the candidate who approaches the board - not the other way around. People misconstrued Whatmore's intent to coach India as desperation, but failed to realise that he was just following normal procedure. Do companies ever approach you when you are looking for a job, or is it the other way around ? Exactly. Besides, i have my doubts over whether any foreigner would even WANT to coach India now - moreso after these pitiful events. The failure of a revered cricketing figure like Greg Chappell would undoubtedly have sent shockwaves as coaches would wonder to themselves, "wow, if he can't win with them - who will ?". Now after the rejection of a high profile candidate with immense pedigree such as Whatmore, other low-profile coaches would be dissuaded from applying. IF a guy who has won a World Cup isn't good enough, what chance do they have ? The BCCI is effectively sending out the message that it is completely clueless about what kind of coach it really wants for it's beleaguered team.

Hahahaa, this is turning into a hilarious saga. Serves the morons at BCCI right. Also a slap on the face of players who turned down Whatmore. Whatmore backers like me should be loving this. Sadly our cricket is screwed coz of all this. Whatmore after being told that our players are against him, would be hesitant to take up the position even if offered. Which could make Emburey the lone contender. God help this team!

You know what ? I'd love to see an Indian fool coach this team. Bring on Sandeep Patil, Ashok Malhotra, Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev. Let's see how long they survive. I am DYING to see whether Patil will better his LAST stint as Indian coach back in '96, when he lasted for just ONE MONTH, getting kicked out after IND came back from England with their heads up their @sses. Once the Indian team hits ROCK-BOTTOM with these retards at the helm (i have absolutely no doubt in my mind about this), maybe, JUST MAYBE, people will wake the f*ck up.

Preds there are indians who can do the job! Stop knocking the great indians.
Really ? Name some. You obviously never watched IND play under the great Indians Kapil or Gaekwad, did you ? :hysterical: Well I did mate. Trust me, the team we had under GORA SCUM like Wright and Chappell was FAR BETTER than the riff-raff India were when the "great Indians" were coaching the team.

Ford did the sensible thing. If BCCI can humiliate whatmore...what is the guarentee he wouldn't be treated the same way.... Anyways...the reasons being floated around are 1)A small pay package(The slimeballs in bcci need all the money to enjoy a cushy life ....best hotels...best travel ....who has the money for coaches.ass haven't paid the players in 8 months...wonder what happens to the mullah!) 2) Only one year contract....he would probably have needed that time just learning to pronounce the names) 3)Not allowing him his own backup staff. 4)And a gag order even before he has started. To add to that ...the poor man has had to deal with the mindless media freanzy........and that would have been his life. Also has a wife who has not been keeping well for some yrs.

I have no respect left for the senile bitter Gavaskar...... I have no doubt now that he has no interest in the wellbeing of Indian cricket .He is a bitter man who can't get over the fact that his good for nothing son has not been given the chances that a mr.gavaskar's son deserves.He will scre*w up Indian cricket and walk away smiling .

Would you have quit your current job in the UK or USA and worked in India on a one year contract, even on a princely salary, uprooting your family, having to answer to slimeballs like Niranjan Shah, knowing that your current job will not be available again? Well done, Ford.