John Emburey declines as well

Why is it that when I try to "Quote" it asks me to login again, some tech issues in the portal, I think. Bheembai, It is something I heard from someone (but a reliable person - who saw it on TV). So, I believe yes. John Emburey declined. Predator, What do you want us to do? BCCI is screwing the country and our cricket establishment NOT FOR THE FIRST TIME...but repeatedly. We just have to see the comedy show parody.:omg_smile:

So which candidates are actually left now? And what was it that these two foreign coaches can come to India yet refuse to take the job. The clauses put in by the BCCI must be the ultimate issue here. Does this now mean, we will hear Whatmore's name all over again. And what about other foreign coaches. Would we get a desi coach? This just keeps on getting more like a suspense movie.

emburey was called so ford could have competition. if they called ford alone, he could have asked for any price. in reality, i doubt bcci really wanted emburey anyway so him quitting has actually helped bcci in that they dont have to pick him. otherwise, being the other candidate, he would have been the logical choice. even though he is a below avg coach, and only an avg player. this is actually good news.

Officials did try another last-minute stunt on Monday evening by frantically touching base England’s John Emburey whom they had rejected in favour of Ford during their Saturday meeting in Chennai. But Emburey was clear - he’s not interested any longer, not after digesting some recent feedback on what coaching this Indian team would mean. Emburey is reported to have told BCCI officials “after coming to India and taking stock of the situation, I am not interested in the position.†The former off-spinner is also said to have conveyed to the BCCI that Indian cricket has a lot of external pressures that a coach should not be made to face. http://cricket.expressindia.com/fulleistory.php?type=ei&content_id=88024