Emerging Players tournament, 2011

Playing XI: Shikhar Dhawan CM Gautam(wk) Ajinkya Rahane Ambati Rayudu Manoj Tiwary Manish Pandey Saurabh Tiwary Iqbal Abdulla Umesh Yadav Varun Aaron Vinay Kumar These are 3-day games, and Dhawan, Saurabh Tiwary, Srikanth Anirudha are not cut out for longer format Players to watch out for: Rahane, Rayudu, Varun Aaron:yay: Anirudha Srikanth was selected as one of the only 2 openers so that he gets a chance everytime, he should nowhere be near the team

No Jaidev when he was playing test cricket a few months ago. Thats strange, unless they consider him too 'emerged'...well Vinay is 28 I think, hardly a spring chicken. And certainly not a long term test prospect. Ani Srikkanth boasts a FC average of 29. When this was discussed here- http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?p=1523888#post1523888 These were my possible teams

S Dhawan, A Rahane, R Sharma, A Rayudu, M Tiwary, Manish Pandey, Pinal Shah ©, B Bhatt, A Mithun , P Singh, J Unadkat. U Kaul, A Menaria, I Abdullah, V Aaron, S Tyagi, S Tiwary
Or... A Rahane, Mandeep Singh, A Rayudu, M Pandey, P Shah (c/wk), A Menaria, S Narwal, I Abdullah, J Unadkat, P Singh, S Tyagi I Jaggi, T Srivastava, B Bhatt, V Aaron, U Kaul, A Mithun Ignoring the more 'emerged' players
Playing XI: Shikhar Dhawan CM Gautam(wk) Ajinkya Rahane Ambati Rayudu Manoj Tiwary Manish Pandey Saurabh Tiwary Iqbal Abdulla Umesh Yadav Varun Aaron Vinay Kumar These are 3-day games, and Dhawan, Saurabh Tiwary, Srikanth Anirudha are not cut out for longer format Players to watch out for: Rahane, Rayudu, Varun Aaron:yay: Anirudha Srikanth was selected as one of the only 2 openers so that he gets a chance everytime, he should nowhere be near the team
Yeah, I think Rahane may as well open. How good a bat is Gautam? That team is not very good really. Even the attack- I mean Umesh and Varun might be nippy, but longer format bowlers?? Rahul Sharma too.
dude he was the sole reason for the sucess of Mumbai Indians in IPL2 and IPL3.. check his scores in IPL3 where he smashed all pace bowlers to bits..... forget it' date=' you prolly prefer those talenteddd technicallly stanced batsmen in shorter formats who play 11 of 36 balls...mind you, S. Tiwary played two matches and he wais not out in both.. He never failed once yet was discarded...[/quote'] Yup, that's true. Tiwary may not have all the talent in the world but he's mentally tough. In his 2 innings in intl odis he was looking clueless but he hung around and didn't throw his wicket away, and was able to contribute which is what counts. I would give him some more chances, especially in T20s and odis to see what is he made of.
Yeah' date=' I think Rahane may as well open. How good a bat is Gautam? That team is not very good really. Even the attack- I mean Umesh and Varun might be nippy, but longer format bowlers?? Rahul Sharma too.[/quote'] This is not an international match. Here quite of these players are picked for their talent and promise to gain experience and show what they can do. Yadav already has quite a few 5 wicket hauls in FC, same is Vinay Kumar though he does not look international level, but it is an A team tournament, though they would have picked Sudeep Tyagi and Pawan Suyal in place of Vinay and Aravind.

I think the reason the likes of Vinay Kumar and Dhawan are selected is because the youngsters need some experienced veterans to guide them and help them out.Vinay may not be internationally experience but he is a veteran in domestic cricket IMo and would help the likes of Varon Arora and Yadav .Sending a team full of complete rookies wont work and we might lose badly which will dent their confidence badly.So even if Dhawan and Vinay may not be part of future its useful to have them in the team for these sort of tournaments IMO. The only player i cant work is Anirudth surely there are better players around for test cricket. Also anyone know the exact format of the tournament is it a single innings 3-day match or regular 2-innings test match.Is it really possible to get results in 3 days if latter is the format?

I think the reason the likes of Vinay Kumar and Dhawan are selected is because the youngsters need some experienced veterans to guide them and help them out.Vinay may not be internationally experience but he is a veteran in domestic cricket IMo and would help the likes of Varon Arora and Yadav .Sending a team full of complete rookies wont work and we might lose badly which will dent their confidence badly.So even if Dhawan and Vinay may not be part of future its useful to have them in the team for these sort of tournaments IMO. The only player i cant work is Anirudth surely there are better players around for test cricket. Also anyone know the exact format of the tournament is it a single innings 3-day match or regular 2-innings test match.Is it really possible to get results in 3 days if latter is the format?
Its a 3-day tournament. Pitches will be very fresh and pace bowler friendly which will help in getting results. I am sad not to see Kohli, Rohit, and Sudeep Tyagi in the team.
umesh yadav generally bowls at 135 range with occasional balls at 140 this is not that fast ' date='pankaj singh should have been picked as he has got many wickets in ranji though he is 5/6 k slower than yadav but on the other hand he is much taller than Yadav so he will get more bounce,[/quote'] Yadav consistently bowled in low 140s to mid to high 140s even in Ranji and Duleep trophy this season. He bowled up to 152k in IPL. Pankaj is pretty much like Ranadeb Boss. We need to pick and develop potential fast bowlers, not potential trundlers which we already have enough. These inexperience potential quick bowlers may not give instant results because of lack of control, but they have more chances come good with time. Pankaj barely touch 130 and mostly in 125 K range
This is not an international match. Here quite of these players are picked for their talent and promise to gain experience and show what they can do. Yadav already has quite a few 5 wicket hauls in FC' date=' same is Vinay Kumar though he does not look international level, but it is an A team tournament, though they would have picked Sudeep Tyagi and Pawan Suyal in place of Vinay and Aravind.[/quote'] Yeah youre right, but even as an A team tourno it makes sense to take guys who are potentially likely to play test cricket at some point in their lives- like the names you have mentioned or Pankaj, Unadkat. Vinay Kumar isnt. Umesh as you say has a good FC record, and Varun looks promising.