Where in the world is.............................???????

Mariyam

Al right, I got this idea from Sree_India. He posted pics of many places and asked us to guess. Thought I'd make it a full fledged game. I will be posting pictures of 5 structures and you get 1 point for getting the monument/structure right and another point for getting the city/town right. The first one to answer the question will get the points. Here are the first 5 monuments: Monument 1 Monument 2 Monument 3 Monument 4 Monument 5 Bonus question: Whose statue is it in Monument 5? Edit for each wrong answer you get 1 negative mark. :D Have a go guys.... Edit: Editing your posts, for whatever reason disqualifies all your answers. When you answer keep this format: name of the monument, city

1. Tehran 2. Eden Gardens
Sree, you got one right and one wrong. So +1 - 1 = 0 points for you. Also suppose you want to take a guess: put in the monument name, city. for eg: Statue of Liberty, New York Edit: for bonus questions answer in a sentence.

Suggestion: Users can post pictures of exotic locations they've taken themselves and get others to guess? Nice thread btw, excellent work.
:icflove: thanks Yes users can do that. I wanted to post the pic of Rocky that I took. But it is 3.5MB and would take a long time to upload. Thats why I chose a smaller pic. Keep guessing.

2. Wankhede stadium
You are right. But please read the instructions. :(( There is a format you have to answer in. monument, city name. if you dont know the city name, leave the place blank after the comma or put ??????? :whack: Even though you are a complete cricket n00b, I assume you know where Wankhede is and will give you points for that too.

Mariyam, add a line or two on the reasoning behind your choices and/or why these places are famous. For instance, lifestyle, culture and spirituality interest me which is why I posted all those pictures of Buddha/Christ statues. You wouldn't believe it from the music I listen to -- perhaps it's a little extreme for your tastes -- but that's another story.