Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums

King

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums Max1 might be Indian Cricket fan but the "blind" editing rubbed on him as well. Anil edited MOD posts ( imagine that ) so obviously max1 had to do it on the posters I quit ICF a while ago just for that reason, you cannot just re-write anyone's post just because it doesn't suit your agenda But this what happens when zero pretends to be hero

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums Let me try to be the devil's advocate here, in the literal sense. We advertised this site there as we had no choice. We knew that many there wanted to be rescued and had to get the word out. It was against the mods' wishes there, but heck we did it anyways. Bumper FAOd me via gator there, Predator saw my sig which was suggested by KS and in turn Predator has roped in god knows how many more here. If there was a PM feature available, I am sure we would have PM'd the shyte out of that place. Now max1 is returning the favor. Why are we all upset? :hic:

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums of course there is a difference. the difference is it was easy to get folks over here. all we needed to do was to get the word out. they know they have a shyte house there and hence have to resort to cheap lies. i believe it is a tit-for-tat for us advertising over there and won't be an ongoing issue. the problem i have with max1 is that he asked that people not promote other sites there, but he has resorted to cheaper tactic of bombarding people with PMs promting his site here.

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums Aptly put Rajeev. We don't mind someone coming and advertising here as long as they let us advertise there. Rajeev's Blog is an excellent example. We have people from both our sites visit each other which is excellent. We are happy to do that with anyone as long as they reciprocate. We have the recommended links in the front page for this reason.

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums

Let me try to be the devil's advocate here, in the literal sense. We advertised this site there as we had no choice. We knew that many there wanted to be rescued and had to get the word out. It was against the mods' wishes there, but heck we did it anyways. Bumper FAOd me via gator there, Predator saw my sig which was suggested by KS and in turn Predator has roped in god knows how many more here. If there was a PM feature available, I am sure we would have PM'd the shyte out of that place. Now max1 is returning the favor. Why are we all upset? :hic:
Good qns Yoda. But u are comparing apples & oranges. That place is an existing board, everyone here, knows its existence. This place is a new one, people need to be made aware of it. They are up in arms when we advertise our site there, why should we welcome them, do the same here ? The point is we dont go there & ask people to quit that place & come here. We merely went there & told posters there is an alternative. Till date we have not asked a single poster to not go there. Its by their CHOICE, they are here. They can tell the cream from the crap. Now that u bring it up, i prefer a more open approach. Let them advertise here, let us advertise there. Lets see where the respective boards end up. :hic:

Well, there's this story about Max1. When Bumps invited him to join this place, he thought he was being asked to be a moderator here!! (Horror, horror, you don't ask the neighbour's poodle to be the head of your house, do you?). So he wrote back to Bumps, literally bursting with importance, as to how he had "too many things on his hands", and couldn't accept the offer. Bumps nearly died laughing, of course, but had to draft a couple of lines, tears streaming down his face, back to Max as to how he had no intention whatsoever of letting servile little poodles from the neighbourhood take up important duties here!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: , expect Dhondy to deliver the sucker punch every single time, the opponent gets up, hoping for an escape.

Well, there's this story about Max1. When Bumps invited him to join this place, he thought he was being asked to be a moderator here!! (Horror, horror, you don't ask the neighbour's poodle to be the head of your house, do you?). So he wrote back to Bumps, literally bursting with importance, as to how he had "too many things on his hands", and couldn't accept the offer. Bumps nearly died laughing, of course, but had to draft a couple of lines, tears streaming down his face, back to Max as to how he had no intention whatsoever of letting servile little poodles from the neighbourhood take up important duties here!
ROFL dhonds.... u should substitute poodle for puppy, what say ;)

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums Firstly don't assume without any proof that I am X, Y, Z poster at some other forum. Secondly, what's the point of having a Private Messaging system if the mods/admins can read the messages? Thirdly, if the PM's I sent did not reach the members, and it passes through filter, as claimed by Mr.Ravi, then why has the PM facility been disabled now? Fourthly, yoda is right - this was a tit-fot-tat response to the cheap tactics used by many of you guys, including the mods here, in order to advertise your site on ICF. Inspite of requests not to advertise by the ICF mods, You guys linked the site in your sigs, started threads calling posters to join, and even created an ID called "indiancricketfans.com" in the ICF Super Selector (now that is what is true desperation!). Yet now when given a small taste of your own medicine, the same people start crying and make a big issue out of it.

First of all I'm not max. Secondly what's the point of having a Private Messaging system if the mods/admins can read the messages? Thirdly, if the PM's I sent did not reach the members, and it passes through filter, as claimed by Mr.Ravi, then why has the PM facility been disabled now? Fourthly, yoda is right - this was a tit-fot-tat response to the cheap tactics used by many of you guys, including the mods here, in order to advertise your site on ICF. Inspite of requests not to advertise by the ICF mods, You guys linked the site in your sigs, started threads calling posters to join, and even created an ID called "indiancricketfans.com" in the ICF Super Selector (now that is what is true desperation!). Yet now when given a small taste of your own medicine, the same people start crying and make a big issue out of it.
there he comes out, wriggling out of his rat hole.... ladies and gentlemen, i present the immature kid cum moderator from the other board, Abe to u...

First of all I'm not max. Secondly what's the point of having a Private Messaging system if the mods/admins can read the messages? Thirdly, if the PM's I sent did not reach the members, and it passes through filter, as claimed by Mr.Ravi, then why has the PM facility been disabled now? Fourthly, yoda is right - this was a tit-fot-tat response to the cheap tactics used by many of you guys, including the mods here, in order to advertise your site on ICF. Inspite of requests not to advertise by the ICF mods, You guys linked the site in your sigs, started threads calling posters to join, and even created an ID called "indiancricketfans.com" in the ICF Super Selector (now that is what is true desperation!). Yet now when given a small taste of your own medicine, the same people start crying and make a big issue out of it.
There is absolutely no crying. We still kept your username going by the way. If we didn't want you to respond here we could have banned your user ID. Why is that you only choose very few users to send your PM to? Rather you could have sent it to all including us right. Let's get this right, you were trying to sneak through thinking people won't really track the PMs. Anyways your job was futile and don't try to be the old forums mouth piece. If they let us advertise we will let you guys advertise. Requests from the mod???? Do they know to request at all?
Secondly what's the point of having a Private Messaging system if the mods/admins can read the messages? Thirdly, if the PM's I sent did not reach the members, and it passes through filter, as claimed by Mr.Ravi, then why has the PM facility been disabled now?
You think we did not anticipate your moves??? Don't think we are dumb enough to let the PMs without moderation from someone that has registered a day before and try to spam by sending 127 PMs. The spam filter caught you the very minute you sent over 5 PMs with no posts to your credit. The reason it has been disabled is to further enhance the security to make sure guys like you don't end up abusing the system and also save us fellas some moderation time.

Re: Insecurity and the cheap tactics of the old forums Doesn't matter he will eventually see the reason for this new website and may end up joining. He spammed by using the PM but has not really abused anyone or has tried to post abuses about the website ala Anu_D so we will keep him active. I'm sure he will either disappear from here by himself or will become a permanent member here :hic: I'm sure if he deserves a ban the rest of the mods here will aptly ban him. BTW nice smiley :wtg: