Teams Announced for Test and ODI

> Sehwag , Pathan and Harbhajan dropped from both One day and Tests > Looks like Munaf not fit > Dhoni Vice Captain for ODI and Tendulkar for Tests > Tendulkar, Ganguly returned for ODIs > Surprise, Surprise Laxman in Test Squad > Ranadeb Bose , new face in both squads India's one-day squad Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid (capt), Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Karthik, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (vice-capt, wk), Rohit Sharma, Ramesh Powar, Ajit Agarkar, Piyush Chawla, Zaheer Khan, RP Singh, Sreesanth. India's Test squad Wasim Jaffer, Dinesh Karthik, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid (capt), Sachin Tendulkar (vice-capt), Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Ramesh Powar, Anil Kumble, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, RP Singh, Ishant Sharma, Ranadeb Bose.

I would have liked to see Sehwag in Tests. The selection comittee left him out of the Test side due to his ODI form. this is quite wrong. Furthermore, as we all know, Veeru has a much higher test average than ODIs with a strike rate in the seventies in TEsts. Without Sehwag, I reckon the Indian team lacks that initiative or the oomph in Test cricket.

sehwag should be in the test squad, ganguly should be out of the ODI squad and tendulkar should be out of the test squad. was glad that we had seen the last of agarkar, now the choke-when-the-team-needs-him-most bowler is back. good that uthappa is being given another chance before being dumped. why SRT is not VC in ODIs is puzzling. dhoni's elevation seems unnecessary given his poor performance when the ball starts moving even a little bit. ramesh pawar in test squad instead of chawla is puzzling. good to see RPS back. the guy was dumped unfairly earlier.

good and sensible selections. Suprised they seem to have got it right. Dropping sehwag is top move. Munaf needed the kick up the ass as well regarding his fitness. Thankgod no crapthan. Ganbhir in both squads is good move. Boys not in squad need to go away work hard and perform in domestic cricket Selection of bose may be due to success of someone like ryan sidebottom, control seems to be the in thing!

I have seen a bit of Rohit Sharma in the India A matches. He also figured in the "Cricket Star X1" vs "Reebok X1". And you know what, the guy got bowled for zero. On a serious note, lets see how he does at the International level and then decide to comment on him.

i am somehow disappointed by the unfit Munaf? he was just declared fit by team physio..? Muanf would have been handy..Bose guy is a good choice for england..saw him bowling...has good nice swing...and control..and he is in form as well... lets see how he fares..and if he gets any chance.. i don't know how would be our team composition..in Tests.. we are going with 3 openers.. ( jaffer, DK, and Gambhir) 5 middle order ( RD, Sachin, SCG, VVS, Yuvi ) 1 WC - Dhoni 4 Bowlers - Sreesanth, ZK, Kumble and ? so either yuvi or ganguly will sit out whole series.. and only one new bowler will get a chance to play lets see..who that lucky chap is...

The team is not the best to leave Indian shores but there was no other option. Those that keep talking about Sehwag's test form, he has not test match form. Last I know he batted like a pinch hitter opening the inning in South Africa. He was provided a lot of opportunites in ODI but couldn't get a big one under the belt. If someone needs to be blamed for him missing out it is himself. I've watched every inning of his since the Saffie tour and no way has he done anything good to force selections. Similarly with Harbhajan, he has hardly done anything to force his selection and obviously finds himself out of favour. Disappointed with Munaf of course. He cant play back to back series. I think it is time to move on, he is another Nehra. Good but never fit. Chawla again being tried in ODIs but not in test matches. What is better for a spinnner to take part in or advance career? Test match or ODI? The choice is obvious. A lot rests on the batting form of the Indian team on this tour. Hopefully the young ones like Jaffer, Karthik, Gambhir, Dhoni chip along side Rahul Dravid and VVS. I hope to see VVS play every test match on this tour. I don't trust the old guard. R Bose and Ishant Sharma does deserve a place considering their form in the domestic cricket. This fella Bose seems suited for English conditions.

I still think Sehwag in Tests is quite an asset. Not many of our batsmen performed well in South Africa anyways' date=' so he wasnt the only one.[/quote'] That shouldn't make him an automatic choice does it? Again I would like you to take a glance at this scores since that tour and you will see what I'm saying. He just doesn't want to work hard. I like to have him too but the reality is all his runs have come in the past and currently he is a walking wicket.

You don't drop a batsman like that easily, Ravi. You'll see how Laxman & Tendulkar get along in England. At the end of this series, there will be a clamour for these two to retire, and of course, musical chairs that Indian cricket is, Sehwag will be brought back. Ranadeb Bose may well deserve a chance, but I can't help feeling that a box is being ticked here, only for the 28 year old rookie to be discarded after one series. We all know what happened to Sanjay Bangar....at least he could bat. Irfan Pathan will be badly missed. The lad has been given the short shrift in selection matters since he lost his bowling form. He is a better bat than many established batsmen in the team, and really needed a paternal arm on his shoulder to guide him through the bad times. He'll be back. The lad has a big heart. I agree with Gator....Vengsarkar is the worst selector in living memory. After this series, he will be finished. Unfortunately, so will the Indian team.

Ranadeb Bose may well deserve a chance, but I can't help feeling that a box is being ticked here, only for the 28 year old rookie to be discarded after one series. We all know what happened to Sanjay Bangar....at least he could bat.
dhondy the reason is same. We continue to pull energy out of old horses till they die out. Instead of that you can give a youngster more than one chance. I know if any senior is rested people will cry a lot specially those who are from that region where the player is. But this does not work anyways. I also feel some players should have some respect of their own and should retire on their own rather than continuing in the team

The problem here though Dhondy is we are trusting his past records. 6-8 months is a long time in cricket. A player can go from rich to completely poor in that period. Believe me I've watched Sehwag over the last few months and he bats with such disdain no wonder he's not able to put decent scores on board. Pathan I agree is a better batsman than a lot of our main stream batters. Unfortunately he hasn't had much opportunities to prove his worth and when he had some he couldn't chip in. The discards Sehwag, Harbhajan, Pathan, Kaif have all failed for a fairly long period of time. If you want to force selections you have to score big consistently or take wickets from whatever little chance you may get. I don't like the selectors either but I cannot see how they would have picked the four I mentioned considering their form over many month not just a game or two.

i don't know how vengy got the idea that munaf is injured..? he was declared fit a day ago.. atleast they could have selected him in Test 16. without Munaf..a lot will depend on Zk and sree.. i am not sure..how effective kumble will be... this being the last tour of England for Sachin, Kumble and Ganguly ..they should try their best and win the series...