PCB to sue Jamacia police

KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board is coming under increasing pressure to file for damages against the Jamaican Police, once it is confirmed that Bob Woolmer died of natural causes and was not murdered during the World Cup in the West Indies. Former captain Inzamam-ul Haq was the first to advise the Board to think about taking legal action against the Jamaican police authorities and this demand has now been seconded by senior batsman Mohammad Yousuf and some other players. The players, who are not supposed to speak to the media without clearance from the Board under a new gag policy, said they were treated like ordinary criminals by the Jamaican police after Woolmer died in a Kingston hospital on March 18, a day after Pakistan were eliminated from the World Cup following there loss at the hands of minnows Ireland. "What the Board does is their decision but certainly the players want the Jamaican authorities to make a clear announcement on this issue soon and if it is confirmed our coach died of natural causes than the Board should consult its legal advisers," one player said on condition of anonymity. Yousuf, who is in Chennai to play for the Asian XI against Africa, has already said he would like to see the Board file a claim for damages against the Jamaican police for tarnishing the image of Pakistani players and cricket. Pervez Mir, who was a central figure in the Woolmer case and went to the World Cup as media manager of the team, also said that once it was confirmed that Woolmer died of natural causes, the Board should leave no stone unturned to give out a clear message to everyone they should be careful before pointing accusing fingers at Pakistan players

What are they gonna sue for? Woolmer died in suspicious circumstances. A first look at the way he breathed his last was good enough to suggest there could have been foul-play. Indeed the thought found as much support in Pakistan as outside. Sure the Jamaican cops screwed up but they have enough ammunition to suggest the death was suspicious and they did what they were supposed to do in those circumstances. xx

I don't reckon the Jamaican police named anyone and I don't understand what is PCB's problem here. If they do sue then they sure will end up having to pay the Jamaican police for the damages. I know there were hints and suggestions by the Jamaican police but they didn't name anyone though. You could have imagined anyone's name and it is not their problem. I admit Jamaican police conducted dumb investigation and are to be blamed for the fiasco aftermath Woolmer's death. They waited to conduct tests on Woolmer's body till about the time the finals was over, can it get worse than that?

The article doesn't actually say the PCB want to sue....it just says some people are telling the PCB they should sue. Naseem Ashraf rejected such a course of action, and rightly so. I think the PCB do however have a bone to pick with people like Sarfraz Nawaz and some of the British press.

This is a misnomer. Dsr's subject heading and the first line of his post do not match up. Nasim Ashraf, chairman of the PCB said it was now time to move on and that there are unlikely to be any legal ramifications from this. "The board is really glad that this is over especially for the sake of Bob's family and also the Pakistan team and Pakistan cricket in general," Ashraf said. "There was a lot of unhealthy speculation about the cause of his death over the last few months, none of which was helpful." http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/woolmer/content/current/story/297820.html

Guest dada_rocks
PCB suing Jamaicans for incompetence :hysterical:' date= i can understand if they are suing for patent violations:haha:
Yes I am going to sue whole pakistan for this crime in international court..:haha: