Bhajji backers seem to be shying away....

This is the time, folks! Biggest series of the year for India - India versus England in England! Swann, the top spinner in the world whirling the ball around, Bhajji, the pretender darting the ball on leg stump. Put your signature where your mouth is - here it is :

How about this - if Harbhajan averages less than 30 in England I'll carry the signature, "Bhajji haters proved wrong - he rocks!" for 3 months. If he averages more than 35 you carry the signature, "Bhajji critics were right - he is crap"? Between 30 and 35 we are in neutral territory.
Itna to back karo bechare Bhajji ko - under 30 to average karega in such a high profile series, when everything is on the line, possibly India's number 1 ranking if we slip up later in the year. Let's see what the emotional leader and fighter is made of - let's see your confidence in him to rise up to the occasion!

This numbers game is silly and misleading. What if England score 600/4 declare on a flat deck in peak English summer and Bhajji comes up with 2/175, but then helps India win another test with match figures of 7/175? His combined average for the two tests 39! I am all for having an objective, after-the-fact discussion as to whether he pulled his weight in the side as a bowler – but having signatures based on absolute stats without no context whatsoever? :dontknow: :headshake:

This numbers game is silly and misleading. What if England score 600/4 declare on a flat deck in peak English summer and Bhajji comes up with 2/175, but then helps India win another test with match figures of 7/175? His combined average for the two tests 39! I am all for having an objective, after-the-fact discussion as to whether he pulled his weight in the side as a bowler – but having signatures based on absolute stats without no context whatsoever? :dontknow: :headshake:
There is no possible 'objective' discussion as far as Harbhajan is concerned because of his fan boys who tout his struggling for 4 wickets in 45 overs in the last test as some test masterpiece in making which was denied by lack of support from others.
There is no possible 'objective' discussion as far as Harbhajan is concerned because of his fan boys who tout his struggling for 4 wickets in 45 overs in the last test as some test masterpiece in making which was denied by lack of support from others.
I cant speak for others, but from my perspective – I HATE judging player perfornmances based on cumulative absolute numbers with no context. You and me – we can revisit Bhajji’s potency as a bowler after the series, if you want.
I cant speak for others' date=' but from my perspective – I [b']HATE judging player perfornmances based on cumulative absolute numbers with no context. You and me – we can revisit Bhajji’s potency as a bowler after the series, if you want.
For that we'll need to establish some baseline - for example I would give Bhajji 5/10 in the current series for bowling trash in the first test on a turning pitch, bowling trash in the second pitch on a bouncy pitch, and bowling good in the third test without the potency to close it out in the third. According to the contextual ratings you carry my signature, for anything below 7/10 and I carry yours for anything above 8/10, with 7-8 being neutral.
For that we'll need to establish some baseline - for example I would give Bhajji 5/10 in the current series for bowling trash in the first test on a turning pitch, bowling trash in the second pitch on a bouncy pitch, and bowling good in the third test without the potency to close it out in the third. According to the contextual ratings you carry my signature, for anything below 7/10 and I carry yours for anything above 8/10, with 7-8 being neutral.
Deal.
Just a caveat - no batting and emotional cheer leading performances count. This thread is only about bowling. But glad to have found one taker!
Yes, I understand – His rating will be solely based on his bowling and bowling only.